Facts and Events
Francis Muncy was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land in Virginia:
- Page 27 - Francis Monsey, 145 acres, Branch of Linvils Creek. Called McCays Draft below Christopher Waggoners. Adjoining Ge___ Spears. February 11, 1763. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 11].
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - APRIL 25, 1763. - (85) Francis Mousey--special bail.
- Vol. 1 - MAY, 1765 (B). - PETITION., To the Worshipful Court of Augusta County:
- We, your humble petitioners, pray that your worships would be pleased to grant a road to be cleared from Adam Reader's Mines to Isaac Robertson's, from thence to Widow Wright's Mill, from thence to Thomas Harrison's, on the great road to the Court House, which will be the covenants' road to travel either north or south, to mill or to market. May ye second day, year 1767. Your favor will oblige your humble petitioners.
- (Signed) Thos. Pickins, James Van Pelt, Lydia Wright, Jacob Gum, Leonard Herring, Wm. Dunlop, Wm. Blear, Francis Munsey, John Jackson, AdamKinder, Isaac Robertson, John Chrisman, Wm. Munsey, Jacob Gum, Jr., John Black, Robert Kearr, Scidmore Munsey, Wm. Pickins, David Robertson, Mathias Kinder, James Wright, Timothy Warren, Robert Bellshe, John White, Thomas Harrison, Jacob Miller, Alexander Peanter, James Thomas, Henry Maze.
- Vol. 2 - Page 418.-(abt. November 1766) - Daniel (mark) Cummins petitions that for 3 years he has been a charge to William Picken, who now asks to be reimbursed. Witnesses present, viz: Jno. Thomas, Ruide Mauk, James Cahoon, James Thomas, Jno. Dunbarr, Jno. Gratton, Michael Hauber, Jno. Miller, Thos. Bryan, George Weese, Martin Humble, Jno. Jackson, Skidmore Monsey, Francis Monsey.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Ancestry.com Public Member Trees.