Francis Gardner, Jr.
m. bef. 1740
- Thomas Gardnerest 1740 - bef 1764
- Francis Gardner, Jr.bef 1743 -
Facts and Events
||Francis Gardner, Jr.
Francis Gardner was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - NOVEMBER 22, 1764. - (169) Thomas Bowyer, added to tithables. Michael Bowyer, servant Tom, and 226 acres, added to tithables. Wm. Henderson, one other, and 765 acres, added to tithables. James Henderson and 450 acres, added to tithables. Nathan Gilliland and 332 1/2 acres, added to tithables. John Buchanan, three others. and 489 acres, added to tithables. Wm. Crow, four others, added to tithables. Moses Williams, George Bigham. James Hugart, Francis Gardner, and John Askin, added to tithables.
- Page 68.--23d November, 1767. Saml. Wallace's estate settled--Paid to, viz: Elizabeth Wallace, Robert Phillips, Francis Gardner, Saml. Bell, Robt. Wallace. Trustees of Ye Meeting House, Mary Ann Bell, John Vance (for a coffin), Jane Hamilton, Charles Phillips.
- Page 33.--18th November, 1772. Francis Gardner's bond (with Thomas Bradshaw) as guardian to Francis and Samuel Gardner, orphans of Thomas Gardner.
- Page 203.--30th October. 1781, Francis Gardner. Sr.'s, will--To wife, Esther; to grandson, Francis Gardner; to grandson, Samuel Gardner. Executors, William and James Bell. Teste: Sampson Sawyers. Wm. Sterrett. Wm. Burgess. Proved, 19th December, 1781, by Sterrett. Executors qualify. (Note: this will appears to be for the probable father of this Francis, as he is listed as "Sr." in his will. He also names his grandsons Francis and Samuel, sons of this Francis Gardner's deceased brother Thomas Gardner).
- Page 246.--8th April, 1793. James Bell's will--Children, Elizabeth, Samuel, Ann, James, Sarah, already provided for; to remainder of children, viz: Mary and Francis. Executors, sons Samuel and Francis. Teste: J. Bell, Francis Gardiner. James Bell's deposition as witness before Samuel Blair in Fayette County, Ky. Proved, October 26th, 1801, and 27th December, 1802.
- Page 140.--18th June, 1806. Rebekah Sawyers' will--To nephew, Alex. Crawford; to niece. Nancy Tolman (for to school her children); to niece, Mary Armstrong (for to school her children); to David Sawyers; to niece, Nancy Crawford (to school her children). To niece, Jean Crawford; to Rebecca, daughter of Alex. Crawford; to Polly, daughter to Alex. Crawford; to Rebecca Ann Tolman. Executor, friend, Alex. Crawford. Teste: Francis Gardner, Wm. Bell, Ann Gardner. Proved, 28th September, 1807.