Facts and Events
Francis Adair was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Information on Francis Adair
From Genforum.com post:
Francis Adair m. Judith Shumate > Bourbon Co KY
Posted by: sw (ID *****8133) Date: June 11, 2005 at 18:14:03
In Reply to: Cornelius ADAIR m. 20 May 1768 by sw of 6404
Francis Adair, bc.1784, Augusta Co Va, (son of Cornelius (Neal/Neil O'Dair / Adair & Eliz. Davis))
d.1825, Nicholas Co KY (in 1815 was in Bourbon Co KY and in 1818 was on Nicholas Co KY tax list)
m. 2 Jun 1813 Rockbridge Co VA to Julianne (Judith) Shumate, (dau of Bailey Shumate & Mary Dodson).
Judith (Julianne) Adair d. 1873, bur. Carlisle, Nicholas Co, KY.
Some children were:
- Mildred Davis Adair. b. 1814 m.1841 John Rogers
- William Benjamin Adair, b. 1816, Nicholas Co, KY, bur. Center Twp, Kansas .....m.1838 Susannah C. Riley
- Peyton Shumate Adair, b. 1818, Carlisle, KY
- John James ADAIR, b.1822, d.1904 Lebanon, IND
- Benjamin Francis Adair, b.1824. m. Cynthia Hall, bur. Carlisle, KY
Would his bro. James Adair bc.1776 have moved with him ?