m. Bef. 1765
- Frances BurnsideABT 1765 -
- H. Joseph MooreEst 1760-1773 -
- W. Frances BurnsideABT 1765 -
m. 11 May 1802
Facts and Events
Frances Burnside was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records of Frances Burnside in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2 - FEE BOOKS OF AUGUSTA COURT, 1779-- page 102, Frances Burnsides, infant.
- Vol. 2 - FEE BOOKS OF AUGUSTA COURT, 1780 - page 47, Frances Burnsides, infant.
- Vol. 1 - FEBRUARY 18, 1795. - (230) Patience Ritchey, aged 14 in April next, to be bound to John Poage, Jr., who agrees to pay her £6 as freedom dues.--She was formerly bound to John Burnsides, now deceased, and Frances Stuart, the only child of said Burnsides, is willing to deliver her up.
- Vol. 2 - Baxter vs. Stuart's executors--O. S. 53; N. S. 18--Bill, 18th June, 1805. Orators are, viz: John Baxter and Margaret, his wife, who was daughter of John Stuart, whose will is recorded in Augusta. The widow Frances married Joseph Moore. Margaret was also entitled under the will of John Burnsides and of Martha Burnsides (father and mother of Frances). The wife of James Craig was sister of John Stuart. Frances and John had a daughter Polly, who married Peachy Harrison. Answer sworn to by Frances Moore in Shenandoah County 14th November, 1805. Margaret had a brother Samuel (born after his father's death).
Help fund new features!