Facts and Events
- ↑ Sudbury, Middlesex, Massachusetts, United States. Vital Records of Sudbury, Massachusetts, to the Year 1850. (Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1903), 156.
Rice, Hester, d. Samuel and Elizabeth, Sept. 18, 1665.
- ↑ Judd, Sylvester, and Lucius M. Boltwood. History of Hadley (Massachusetts): including the early history of Hatfield, South Hadley, Amherst and Granby, Massachusetts. (Springfield, MA: H.R. Huntting & Co., 1905), p. 515.
"3. DANIEL, s. of John (1), d. Feb. 12, 1744, ae. 82. He m. Nov. 1, 1683 Esther Rice, or Rise. She d. Feb. 11, 1737, ae. 67."
- ↑ FindAGrave: Old Hadley Cemetery, Hadley, Mass., in Find A Grave, Esther Rice Hubbard.
ESTHER YE WIFE of
MR DANL HVb[??]RD
DYED oN FEbR YE 11
1737 AGED 67 YEARS
- Ward, Andrew Henshaw. A Genealogical History of the Rice Family: Descendants of Deacon Edmund Rice, who came from Barkhamstead, England and settled at Sudbury, Massachusetts, in 1638 or 9. (Boston: C. Benjamin Richardson, 1858), p. 8.
Children of Samuel Rice and first wife Elizabeth King: "5 Esther, Sept. 18, 1665, m. --- Hubbard." Will of Samuel Rice, dated 10 Feb 1684, proved 7 Apr 1685, names daughters Hannah Hubbard and Esther Hubbard [among others].
- Savage, James. A Genealogical Dictionary of the First Settlers of New England: Showing Three Generations of Those Who Came Before May, 1692, on the Basis of Farmer's Register. (Boston: Little, Brown, and Co, 1860-1862), Vol. 3, p. 531.
SAMUEL, Sudbury, s. of Edmund the first, b. in Eng. m. 8 Nov. 1655, Eliz. King, had ... Esther, 1665, who m. 1 Nov 1683, Daniel Hubbard...