In the name of God Amen I, Esther Patton of the County of Clark and State of Kentucky being weak in body but of sound and perfect Mind and Memory do make this my Last will in the manner following ~ that is to say
- first I give and Bequeath unto Eliza Patton, Daughter to Roger Patton Deceased, my Saddle and Bridle,
- to Mary Ann Patton, Daughter of the said Deceased, my Bed and Beding.
- I Likewise bequeath to the above named Eliza and Mary Ann Patton my Negro Girl Named Nancy which Negro is not to be sold out of the family.
- I also bequeath unto Matthew Patton, Son of the said Roger Patton a Note in my possession amounting to forty nine Dollars and ninety five cents dated the 19th of September 1811 payable the 20th of September 1812 on the Estate of the said Roger Patton.
I allow the balance of my Estate to be Divided as followeth:
- I bequeath to my son James Patton one sixth part and the remainder to be Equally divided between My Grand Children William, Sally, John, Matthew, Eliza and Mary Ann Patton, Children of the said Roger Patton.
- The Children of James Gay, Benjamin, John, James and Esther Gay.
- John Patton Children Esther, Margaret, Sally, Matthew, Ann and Polly Patton.
- John Humes Children, Sarah, Betsey and July Hume and
- Margaret Maxwell, Daughter to Daniel Harrison.
In Witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal the twenty third day of October in the year of our Lord 1816.
Esther (her X mark) Patton (seal)
Signed & Sealed in the presence of us
Peter Lile Caty Scobee Robert Scobee