b.26 SEP 1726
Facts and Events
||26 SEP 1726
Eric Bright was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 114.--Ditto. Same (From James Patton) to Errick Bright, 207 acres part of above patent (on West Fork, Roanoke). Goose Creek; corner George Pearis; corner Elijah Isaacs.
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 483.--9th October, 1754. Erick Bright to Joseph McDonald, £45, 207 acres by deed from Col. Patton, 20th March, 1753, on North Fork of Goose Creek; corner George Pearis; corner Elijah Isaac. Signed Earick Bright.
Records of Eric Bright in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 111.--21st March, 1753. Same (From James Patton) to George Peoris, 271 acres part of large patent 10th April, 1750. Goose Creek, corner Tobias Bright and Errick Bright.
- Page 203.--17th February, 1758. Colonel James Patton's estate; appraised by Thomas Stewart, John Ramsey, Edward Hall. List of bonds, bills, &c., due the estate: Errick Bright, 18th February, 1753; Tobias Bright, 13th December, 1752; Tobias Bright, 18th February, 1753. (Note: listed among many others).
- Page 893.--3d March, 1763. Elijah ( ) Isaac, of Roan County, North Carolina, to Robert Magee, £60, 200 acres, part of 378 acres conveyed by Col. James Patton to Elijah, 21st March, 1753, on North Branch Roanoke; corner land of Errick Bright; corner Thomas Hill. Teste: Wm. Preston, Francis Smith, Bryand McDonald, David Frame. Delivered: Robert Magee, August, 1773.
Information on Eric Bright
Eric was named after his grandfather, Eric Steelman.
Help fund new features!