Elizabeth de Vermandois, Countess of Leicester
Facts and Events
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Elizabeth of Vermandois, or Elisabeth or Isabel de Vermandois ( – c. 1148), was the third daughter of Hugh Magnus and Adelaide of Vermandois, and as such represented both the Capetian line of her paternal grandfather Henry I of France, and the Carolingian ancestry of her maternal grandfather Herbert IV of Vermandois. As the wife of two Anglo-Norman magnates, Robert de Beaumont, 1st Earl of Leicester and William de Warenne, 2nd Earl of Surrey, she is the ancestress of hundreds of well-known families down to the present time.
- ↑ Elizabeth of Vermandois, Countess of Leicester, in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia. (Online: Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.).
- Burke's Peerage & Baronetage, 106th Edition, Charles Mosley Editor-in-Chief, 1999 (19), 2944.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis; Walter Lee Sheppard; and David Faris. Ancestral roots of certain American colonists, who came to America before 1700: the lineage of Alfred the Great, Charlemagne, Malcolm of Scotland, Robert the Strong, and some of their descendants. (Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Pub. Co., 7th Edition c1992), 53-24, 52, 82.
- Turton, W. H. (William Harry). The Plantagenet ancestry: being tables showing over 7,000 of the ancestors of Elizabeth (daughter of Edward IV, and wife of Henry VII) the heiress of the Plantagenets; with preface, lists, notes and a complete index of about 2,700 entries and a reference for each. (Baltimore [Maryland]: Genealogical Pub. Co., 1968), 88.
- Cokayne, George Edward, and Vicary Gibbs; et al. The complete peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, extant, extinct, or dormant [2nd ed.]. (London: St. Catherine Press, 1910-59), XII/1:496.
- ↑ Adams, Arthur. English Ancestry of the Elkinton Family of New Jersey. The American Genealogist. (July 1945), p. 14.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 ISABELLE [Elisabeth] de Vermandois ([before 1088]-17 Feb 1131, bur Lewes)., in Cawley, Charles. Medieval Lands: A prosopography of medieval European noble and royal families.
- Elizabeth de Vermandois, in Lundy, Darryl. The Peerage: A genealogical survey of the peerage of Britain as well as the royal families of Europe.
- ↑ Birth year estimated based on estimated age at marriage and on estimated birth years of siblings and birth order.