m. bef 1771
- Elizabeth Yost1771 - 1798
Facts and Events
Elizabeth Yost was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Information on Elizabeth Yost
- 9. ELIZABETH6 YOST (HENRY5, HANS CASPER4, CHRISTIAN JOUST3 (JOST), JACOB JOUST2, JACOB1 JOUST I) was born 1771 in Washington County, Maryland, and died 1798 in near Middlebrook, Virginia of Smallpox. She married JOHN DAVID GREINER, JR. 23 May 1793 in Tinkling Springs Church, Augusta County, Virginia presided over by Reverend John McCue ( marriage record Vol 2, page 310 of Augusta, Virginia). He died 1798 in near Middlebrook, Virginia of Smallpox.
- Elizabeth Yost was the first child of Henry Yost and Polly Waggoner
- John David Greiner, Jr., his wife Elizabeth Yost, and their only child Jacob Greiner all died in 1798, near Middlebrook, Virginia, of smallpox which at that time "was ragin in the valley" and this record said for many years, most of the survivors were pock-marked.
- Child of ELIZABETH YOST and JOHN DAVID GREINER is:
- i. JACOB7 GREINER, b. 1795; d. 1798, near Middlebrook, Virginia of Smallpox.