Facts and Events
- Rockbridge Co, VA Will Book No 3, pp 529-530:
- "Will of Elizabeth Davidson, Rockbridge County Virginia. To Wit: In the name of God amen I Elizabeth Davidson Senior of Rockbridge County being weak in body but of sound and disposing mind do make and constitiute this my last will and Testament and first of all I recommend my soul to Almight God who gave it my Body I recommend to the Earth to be decently buried. And as for such wordly goods as divine Probidence has bestowed upon me I dispose of in the manner following To wit, :first I Bequeath to my Grand Sons fifty four pounds to be divided as follows-
- To Wit to John the Eldest ten pounds to James ten the balance to be equally Divided between the other two William & Robert.
- To the three sisters of the above legetees I Bequeath fifty pounds to be equally divided between the sd Sisters Ann, Elizabeth, and Nancy.
- To John McCemey I bequeath twenty dollars also to (Margunce Reid?) twenty dollars to my son Samuel Davidson I give one dollar the balance if any there be I bequeath to my Son John Davidson likewise my bed and Clothes of every kind & whatsoever property shall remain after my decrease and lastly I do constitute my son Jonn Davidson to execute this my last Will.
- In Testimony whereof I have affixed my hand and seal this fifth day of March one Thousand eight hundred and thirteen."
- (Signed) Elizabeth Davidson (seal)
- Dicky Beard
- William H. Letcher
- At Rockbridge County Court May 3, 1813
- A writing purporting to be the last will and Testament of Elizabeth Davidson dec'd was produced in court by John Davidson Executor
- Therein named and proved by the oath of Dicky Beard and William H. Letcher the subscribing witnesses thereto and ordered to be recorded.
- Copy Attest AW Reid CRC
Help fund new features!