Facts and Events
Will of Elizabeth (Madison) Willis Beale
- Pages 456-57. Will of Elizabeth Beale of the County of Orange, widow and relict of Richard Beale, Gent., dated 11 December 1772.
- All my estate to my two daughters Molley Beale and Anne Beale to be equally divided. Such division shall not take place until one of my said daughters shall arrive to the age of twenty one years or marry. If both should depart this life before either arrives to the age of twenty one and without issue, all to my two grandaughters Catherine and Elizabeth Dangerfields equally divided.
- My well beloved son in law Captain William Dangerfield executor.
- (signed) Elizabeth Beale
- Wit: Milley Chew, Henry Gaines, Stephen Jones.
- 28 Jan. 1773. Proved by Milly Chew, Henry Gaines and Stephen Jones.
- 25 Feb. 1773. Wm Dangerfield with James Madison, Gent., his security entered into bond in the sum of £4000.
- [Source: Orange County, Virginia Will Book 2, 1744-1778, Dorman, pg. 95].