Facts and Events
- Cole, Frank Theodore. The early genealogies of the Cole families in America (including Coles and Cowles) : with some account of the descendants. (Columbus, Ohio: Printed by Hann & Adair for the author, 1887, 356 pgs.), pages 78-79, 1887.
THE CHARLESTOWN FAMILY OF RICE COLE.
RISE (or Ryce) COLE ["and his wife Arrold"] came from England in 1630, and settled at Charlestown.
[In the listing of children, this appears to represent their daughter Elizabeth:]
ii. _____, b. _____ _____, m. _____ Pierce. [This Pierce was probably Thomas Pierce, of Woburn, who lived first in Charlestown, and who had eleven children born in Woburn between 1644 and 1660.]
- The New England Historical and Genealogical Register. (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society), 25:150, 1871.
Record-Book of the First Church in Charlestown
--- Page 206. ---
4th:mo: day 17 Abigail Peirce the daughter of Thomas Peirce and of-
Elizabath his wife was Babtised.
- Pierce, Frederic Beech, and Frederick Clifton Pierce. Pierce genealogy, being the record of the posterity of Thomas Pierce: an early inhabitant of Charlestown and afterwards Charlestown Village (Woburn), in New England, with wills, inventories, biographical sketches, etc. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1965), Page xviii, 21, 1882.
Pierce, Thomas, Charlestown Village alias Woburn; m. May 6, 1635, Elizabeth Cole. She d. Mar. 5, 1688.
- ↑ Rice Cole, in Anderson, Robert Charles. The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England, 1620-1633. (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1995).
Mentions petition dated 1 Apr 1662 where Thomas Pierce of Woburn says he did "marry one of the daughters of Rice Coale sometimes of Charlestowne deceased". The birthdate of Elizabeth is "say 1619", meaning it is an educated guess (based on her needing to be married prior to the baptism 17 Jun 1639 of their daughter Abigail, "eldest child of 'Thomas Peirce and of Elizabth his wife'"). [Since 1619 precedes immigration in 1630, her birth would be in England.]
- ↑ Johnson, Edward F. Woburn Records of Births, Deaths, and Marriages . (Woburn, Massachusetts: Andrews, Cutler & Co., 1890-1919), 2:145.
Pierce, Elizabeth, widow of ---, [died] March 5, 1688. [The forward, p. 1:7, says years are given as their modern equivalents, so this is 1687/8.]
Help fund new features!