Facts and Events
Elijah Isaac was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 76.-(18th February, 1753)-Ditto. Same (From James Patton) to Elijah Isaac, 378 acres as above (part of large tract patented 10th April, 1751. North Fork of Goose Creek). As above (North Fork of Goose Creek), corner Errick Bright; corner Thomas Hill.
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 893.--3d March, 1763. Elijah ( ) Isaac, of Roan County, North Carolina, to Robert Magee, £60, 200 acres, part of 378 acres conveyed by Col. James Patton to Elijah, 21st March, 1753, on North Branch Roanoke; corner land of Errick Bright; corner Thomas Hill. Teste: Wm. Preston, Francis Smith, Bryand McDonald, David Frame. Delivered: Robert Magee, August, 1773.
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - November 19, 1746. - (131) Road ordered from the Ridge above Tobias Bright's that parts the waters of New River from the branches of Roan Oak to the lower ford of Catabo Creek. Tobias Bright, overseer. Wm. English and two sons, Thos. English and son, Jacob Brown, George Bright, Benj. Oyle, Paul Garrison, Elisha Isaac, John Donahu, Philip Smith, Mathew English and the rest of the tithables as nominated by George Robinson and James Montgomery.
- Page 114.-(abt. 1753)-Ditto. Same (from James Patton) to Errick Bright, 207 acres part of above patent (part of large patent 10th April, 1750. Goose Creek). Goose Creek; corner George Pearis; corner Elijah Isaacs.
- Page 483.--9th October, 1754. Erick Bright to Joseph McDonald, £45, 207 acres by deed from Col. Patton, 20th March, 1753, on North Fork of Goose Creek; corner George Pearis; corner Elijah Isaac. Signed Earick Bright.
- Vol. 2 - DELINQUENTS. 1755--List of Robert Breckinridge, Sheriff: Elisha Isaac.
- Page 203.--17th February, 1758. Colonel James Patton's estate; appraised by Thomas Stewart, John Ramsey, Edward Hall. List of bonds, bills, &c., due the estate: Elijah Isaac, 18th February, 1753.
- Page 402.--4th March, 1763. Thomas Hill, of Roan County, North Carolina, to David Miller, £20, 70 acres conveyed to Thomas by Col. James Patton, 21st March, 1753, on Goose Creek, or North Branch of Roanoke; corner Elijah Isaac; corner Benj. Ogle's land, now the property of said David Miller. Teste: David Mitchell, Daniel ( ) McCormick. Delivered: Andrew Miller, son of David, 2d April, 1789.
- Vol. 1 - APRIL 21, 1763. - (39) Following deeds partially proved and ordered certified: William Moore to Francis Smith, Thomas Hill to David Miller, Elijah Isaacs to Robt. McGee, Paul Garrison to John Donally.