Eleanor , Princess of England
d.29 Aug 1298
m. 1 Nov 1254
- Unknown , Plantagenet
- Katherine , of England
- Joan , Plantagenet
- John , Prince of England
- Henry , of England
- Eleanor , Princess of England
- Juliana , Princess of England
- Joan of Acre
- Alphonso , Prince of England
- Margaret , Princess of England
- Berengaria , Princess of England
- Unknown , of England
- Mary , of Woodstock
- Unknown , of England
- Elizabeth , of Rhuddlan
- Edward II , of England
Facts and Events
||Eleanor , Princess of England
||Eleanor , Oueen of Aragon
||bef 17 Jun 1269
||Windsor Castle, Windsor, Berkshire, England
||15 Aug 1290
||Westminster Abbey, Westminster, Middlesex, Englandby proxy
to Alphonso III of Aragon
||20 Sep 1293
||Bristol, Gloucestershire, Englandto Henri III , comte de Bar
||12 Oct 1297
||Gent, Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
||29 Aug 1298
|Ancestral File Number
||House of Plantagenet
||Westminster Abbey, Westminster, Middlesex, England
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Eleanor of England (17 June 1264 – 29 August 1298) was the eldest surviving daughter of Edward I of England and his first wife, Eleanor of Castile. What evidence exists for her early years suggests that while her parents were absent on Crusade between 1270 and 1274, she became very close to her grandmother, Eleanor of Provence, with whom she continued to spend a good deal of time even after the king and queen returned to England.
- ↑ Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia. (Online: Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.), Eleanor of England (1269-1298).
- Eleanor of England, in Lundy, Darryl. The Peerage: A genealogical survey of the peerage of Britain as well as the royal families of Europe.
- Cawley, Charles. Medieval Lands: A prosopography of medieval European noble and royal families.
She is not to be confused with another Eleanor of England who was the daughter of King John (the Lackland) of England. Based on the Wikipedia biography of Eleanor of Castile, Eleanor's mother: #6. Eleanor, born ca. 18 June 1269 and died 29 August 1298. She was long betrothed to Alfonso III of Aragon, who died in 1291 before the marriage could take place, and in 1293 she married Count Henry III of Bar. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eleanor_of_Castile#Marriage
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 ELEANOR (Windsor Castle [17 Jun] 1264 or 1269-Ghent 12 Oct 1297, bur Westminster Abbey), in Cawley, Charles. Medieval Lands: A prosopography of medieval European noble and royal families.
- ↑ .