Facts and Events
||17 Feb 1862
||Bardney, Lincolnshire, EnglandOn 13 March 1862, the birth of Edwin was registered by his mother, Emma Overton “formerly Hall”, from Bardney. (Emma made her mark.) It was stated that he was the son of George Overton, occ. wood dealer.
||4 May 1862
||Bardney par., Lincolnshire, England“Edwin son of George and Emma Overton”, from Bardney, was baptized by Wm. Walker. George's profession was given as “carpenter”.
||2 Apr 1871
||Bardney par., Lincolnshire, Englandon Ferry Road
Edwin, son of George Overton (occ. timber merchant), was also residing with his father's wife Emma and children Mary J., Henry G. (occ. carpenter), John T., Emma, and “Alfred”. He was attending school (occ. “scholar”).
||26 Oct 1871
||Port of New York, United StatesEdwin Overton arrived in New York on the S.S. Wisconsin by 26 October. The ship originated in Liverpool and made a stop in Queenstown (Cobh), Ireland. He was traveling with his mother, Emma Overton, and five siblings.
||5 Nov 1879
||Vernon co., Missouri, United States
||Moore Cemetery, Center twp., Vernon co., Missouri, United Statesin section 2
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Church of England. Parish Church of Bardney (Lincolnshire). Parish registers, 1653–1976. (Lincoln: Filmed by the Genealogical Society of Utah, 1974; Lincoln: Lincolnshire Archives Office, 1988–1990), Lincolnshire Archives: BARDNEY PAR 1/14 (Baptisms 1845-1876), p 60, no 475.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 “Edwin Overton”, in General Register Office. England and Wales. Civil Registration Certificates. (London, United Kingdom: General Register Office), 07a: 438, Lincoln, registered 13 March 1862.
Certificate of birth registered in Lincoln, 13 March 1862, by Emma Overton, mother.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Thompson, Nancy, and Neoma Foreman (comps. and eds.). Tri-County Genealogical Society. Vernon County, Missouri Cemetery Directory 2010. (Nevada, Missouri: Vernon County Historical Society, 2010), p 269.
In Moore Cemetery, a single stone for Emma, George, and Edwin Overton; Edwin 7 June 1862–5 Nov. 1879.
- ↑ Passenger list of the S.S. Wisconsin, in New York City, New York, United States. Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at New York, 1820-97. (National Archives Microfilm Publication M237), roll 350, list 1079, p 7, ln 38, list dated 26 Oct. 1871.
- ↑ ED 16, Bardney parish, Lincolnshire, in General Register Office. The National Archives (TNA): Public Record Office (PRO) RG 10 General Register Office: 1871 Census Schedules, RG 10/3367 (FHL #839363), f 23, p 1, household 2, George Overton household, [digital image, Ancestry.com].