m. 12 Jul 1472
- Edward , Prince of Wales
Facts and Events
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Edward of Middleham, Prince of Wales, KG and Earl of Chester, Duke of Cornwall, 1st Earl of Salisbury (December 1473), was the only child of King Richard III of England and his queen consort, Anne Neville. He was Richard's only legitimate child and died aged 10.
In 1485, Richard was killed during the Wars of the Roses, thus ending that conflict and the throne of England reverted to Richard III's successor, Henry Tudor, a descendant of Edward III of England through his mother, Lady Margaret Beaufort.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Cawley, Charles. Medieval Lands: A prosopography of medieval European noble and royal families, EDWARD.
- ↑ Cokayne, George Edward, and Vicary Gibbs; et al. The complete peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, extant, extinct, or dormant [2nd ed.]. (London: St. Catherine Press, 1910-59), Volume 3 pages 174 and 175, Volume 3 pages 440 and 441.
- Edward of Middleham, Prince of Wales, in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia. (Online: Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.).
- Edward of Middleham Plantagenet, Prince of Wales, in Lundy, Darryl. The Peerage: A genealogical survey of the peerage of Britain as well as the royal families of Europe.
- Edward of Middleham, in Find A Grave.