Facts and Events
Edward Boyle was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2 - LIST OF MUSTERS - abt. 1742, Capt. John Buchanan's List: John Buchanan, Captain; Will Evins, Lieutenant; Josef Catton, Ensign; John Mitchell, Sergeant; Joseph Kanada, James Cooke, Charles Donocho, Solo Moffett, Jas. Sunderlin, Will Sayers, John Dyche, Rob. Catton, Charles Gamble, Sam Walker, Alex. Walker, John Walker, Joseph Walker, Cha. Hays, And. Martin, John Edmoston, Jas. Robinson, Ths. Duchart, Will Quinn, Thomas Williams, Jab Anderson, Joh Anderson, James Anderson, Isaac Anderson, And. Hays, John McCroserce, Will Buchanan, Rich. Courser, Sam Dunlap, Will Lonchrage, Rob. Dunlap, Jams Ecken, Will McCantes, John Moor, Will Moor, David Moor, Alex. Moor, And. Moor, Will Mitchel, Nathn. Evins, John Stephenson, James Eken, Jas. Greenlee, John Paul, Mat. Lyle, Joh. Gray, Ths. McSpedan, Joh. Mathews, Will Armstrong, Rob. Huddon, Will Hall, Sam. Gray, Isaac Taylor, Michael O'Docherty, Sam McClewer, Edw. Boyle, Will Humphrey, Nathn. McClewer, John Philip Weaver.
- Vol. 1 - APRIL 16, 1746. - (35) Isaac Anderson, surety for Saml. Davis & Edw. Boyle.
- Vol. 1 - APRIL AND JUNE, 1746. - Benjamin Borden vs. Samuel Davies and Edward Boyle.--Defendants of James River, Orange County. Bond 28th November, 1744.
- Vol. 1 - MAY 12, 1746. - (46) Edward Boyle sentenced to stocks and fined for damning the Court and swearing 4 oaths in their presence.
- Vol. 1 - ORIGINAL PETITIONS AND PAPERS FILED IN THE COUNTY COURT. 1750. - Samuel Woods deposes, 18th February, 1750-51. Edward Boyle. William Evins deceased.
- Page 805.--25th August, 1750. John Mathews, Gent., and Ann, 296 acres, to John Berrisford, farmer, James River, North Branch of James; Philip Weaver's Bottom; McDowell's Meadow Creek; corner McDowell. Teste: Edward Boyle, Joshua and Richard Mathews.
- Vol. 2 - LIST OF DELINQUENTS - 1750-- Edward Boil, gone to Carolina. (listed among many others).
- From "Boyle genealogy: John Boyle of Virginia and Kentucky", by John Boyle:
- In early days in Virginia, the name of Boyle was sometimes written Boyls, Bowles or Boles. Edward Boyls was a soldier with Captain John Buchanan, Augusta county, in 1742. At the May term, 1746, of the County Court, he was sentenced to the stocks for two hours, and fined twelve shillings, for damning the Court
Help fund new features!