Facts and Events
Dubartis Shepard was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records in Virginia
- April 13, 1790. - Dubartis Shepherd appointed Surveyor of the Road. [Source: Annals Of S W Virginia].
- Marriage Record: John Gilmore married Magdaline Shepherd 7 Jun 1791 Botetourt Co., VA. Surety by Dubartis Shepherd. [Source: Early Marriages, Wills and Some REvolutionary War Records, Botetourt Co., VA compiled by Anne Lowry Worrell, pg. 19]
- At January Botetourt Court, 1792: Ordered, that Dubartis Shepherd be recommended to the Hon'ble the Executive of Virginia as a fit person to execute the office of Inspector at Crow's Warehouse. A Copy—Teste: T. BOWYER, CI. [Source: Calendar of Virginia State papers and other manuscripts, Henry W. Flournoy, pg. 477].
Records in Kentucky
- 1 June 1801 - Dubartis Shepherd listed in "Kentucky Gazette"
- 29 June 1801 - Dubartis Shepherd of Clark County, Kentucky listed in "Kentucky Gazette"
- 13 July 1801 - Dubartis Shepherd listed in "Kentucky Gazette"