Facts and Events
||25 Dec 1667
||Marshfield, Plymouth, Massachusetts, United Statesto William Sherman
||24 Nov 1681
||Marshfield, Plymouth, Massachusetts, United Statesto Israel Holmes
||Marshfield, Plymouth, Massachusetts, United Statesto Alexander Standish
||22 Jan 1730/1731
Note: It is of interest to note in connection with the mention made ...of the division of a small sum of money in Mr. Phillips' hands, belonging to his third wife, Faith, among her daughters, by order of Court, and the recommendations of the Court that the others release their parts to their sister Desire Sherman, because of her impoverished condition, her husband having become "destracted in the Indian Wars," that Desire Dotey married her husband, William Sherman, Jr., Dec. 25, 1667, the Christmas following Mr. Phillips' marriage (in March) to her mother, not improbably from Mr.Phillips' home, and that Benjamin Phillips, grandson of John, married in1728, a Desire Sherman, doubtless of the second generation after Desire(Dotey) Sherman and of her lineage. Source: Roots Web's WorldConnectProject: Cushing/Sharp
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Dave Sharp, email@example.com, Roots Web's WorldConnect Project. RootsWeb's WorldConnect Project, Cushing/Sharp. (updated Jan. 5, 2001).
- ↑ Edward Doty, in Anderson, Robert Charles. The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England, 1620-1633. (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1995).
Children... v DESIRE, b. say 1645 (d. Marshfield 22 January 1731, aged eighty-six years [MarVR 409]); m. (1) Marshfield 25 December 1667 William Sherman [MarVR 10]; m. (2) Marshfield 24 November 1681 Israel Holmes [MarVR 16]; m. (3) by 1689 as his second wife Alexander Standish, son of MYLES STANDISH [MD 12:48-52].
- ↑ Roser, Susan E. Mayflower Increasings, 2nd. Ed.. (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company, 1995).
- ↑ Warner, Russell L. and Robert S. Wakefield, FASG. Myles Standish of the Mayflower and His Descendants for Five Generations. (plymouth Ma: General Society of Mayflower Descendants, 1996).
- By William T. Davis. Genealogical Register of Plymouth Families. (Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. Baltimore 1975).
Help fund new features!