Facts and Events
||Delbert Eugene HALL
||26 OCT 1907
||Gainesville, Cooke, Texas, United States
||22 Apr 1910
||Gainesville, Cooke, Texas, United StatesWard 2, District 28
||9 Jan 1920
||Fort Worth, Tarrant, Texas, United StatesWard 13, District 155
||Tarrant, Texas, United Statesto Goldie Mary Donohue
||14 Apr 1930
||Fort Worth, Tarrant, Texas, United States1208 Denver Ave
||17 JAN 1941
||Dallas, Dallas, Texas, United States
||to Thelma Hazel McCain
||to Laura Waunita Fulps
||to Dorothy Mae Boren
||16 MAY 1971
||Houston, Harris, Texas, United States
||18 MAY 1971
||Houston, Harris, Texas, United StatesForest Park Lawndale Cemetery
from Dolores Hall Rovenko website
Delbert Eugene HALL, 26 Oct 1907 - 16 May 1971
- Information Source: Diane White.
- Individual note: Was called Gene.
- Individual note: Died of heart attack, on his porch, sipping coffee.
- Individual note: Retired.
- Individual note: SSN #450-14-5099.
- Individual note: - 1st marriage to Goldie resulted in 2 children: Delbert E Jr., Lonnie Richard. After Gene and Goldie divorced he went to work as a Marshall for a brief time. Diane White spoke with a man in Texas that worked with him, and he spoke well of him, saying he was fair minded and well thought of in the community. But Diane also knew, from Goldie, that he was a bit of a drinker and chaser...so their marriage was a rocky one.
- Individual note: - 2nd marriage to Thelma resulted in 3 children: Jimmy, Eddie Gene, Darlene.
- Individual note: - 3rd marriage to Waunita resulted in two children; Forrest Randall & Dolores Waunita.
- Individual note: - 4th partner = Dorothy. Per Diane White, Dorothy filed certain documents for government assistance with the funeral.
- MILITARY: Gene never served in combat. He was inducted January 17, 1941 and discharged May 4, 1945. He was sent to New Caldonia and Australia or New Zealand for a brief time. Most of his service time was spent in medicalfurlough or in hospitals. According to his records, he thought they were
going to send him to a mechanical unit but instead he was infantry. He complained of pain in his calves due to hiking and marching and that was about it for his military career. He received some disability compensation for many years. He had some behavioral problems while there.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Delbert Eugene Hall birth certificate, in Texas Dept of Health. (FamilySearch.org), Primary quality.
delayed birth certificate, apparently created ca 1941 for military induction
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Delbert Eugene Hall death certificate, in Texas Dept of Health. (FamilySearch.org), Cert #33857, Primary quality.
- ↑ Delbert Eugene Hall entry, in Social Security Death Index, Master File, Secondary quality.
- ↑ Delbert E Hall date, in United States World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946. (FamilySearch.org), Serial #38036079, 17 Jan 1941, Secondary quality.
Name: Delbert E Hall
Birth Year: 1907
Race: White, citizen (White)
Nativity State or Country: Texas
State of Residence: Texas
County or City: Tarrant
Enlistment Date: 17 Jan 1941
Enlistment State: Texas
Enlistment City: Dallas
Branch: Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA
Branch Code: Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA
Grade Code: Private
Component: Selectees (Enlisted Men)
Source: Civil Life
Education: Grammar school
Civil Occupation: Semiskilled painters, construction and maintenance
Marital Status: Divorced, without dependents
- ↑ Elbert E Hall entry, 1910 US Census, in United States Federal Census. (Ancestry.com/FamilySearch.org), 22 Apr 1910, Primary quality.
Year: 1910; Census Place: Gainesville Ward 2, Cooke, Texas; Roll T624_1542; Page: 9B; Enumeration District: 48; Image: 138.
- ↑ Delbert E Hall entry, 1920 US Census, in United States Federal Census. (Ancestry.com/FamilySearch.org), 9 Jan 1920, Primary quality.
Year: 1920;Census Place: Fort Worth Ward 13, Tarrant, Texas; Roll T625_1850; Page: 8A; Enumeration District: 155; Image: 624.
- ↑ Eugene Hall entry, 1930 US Census, in United States Federal Census. (Ancestry.com/FamilySearch.org), 12 Apr 1930, Primary quality.
Year: 1930; Census Place: Fort Worth Ward 11SW, Tarrant, Texas; Roll T626_2394; Page: 12B; Enumeration District: 220-49, Image: 1049.
Help fund new features!