Facts and Events
There are 2 vital records available on MyHeritage for David Ralston, including birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Vital records are historical records that are typically recorded around the actual time of the event, which means they are likely accurate.
Vital records include information like the event date and place, and the person's occupation and residence.
Vital records also often include information about the person's relatives.
For example, birth and marriage records include names of parents and divorce records list the names of children.
See all vital records for David Ralston
David Ralston was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
- From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records: (unless otherwise listed)
- David & Ann Ralston bought land from Robert & Matthew Rolstone Nov 16 1757 in Augusta Co., VA [Grantee Book 7 Pg 491].
- Land Grant Survey: Page 6, David Ralston, 307 acres, South fork Linvil Crek. Mentioned. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 2-3].
- Land Grant Survey: Page 6 - David Ralston, 48 acres, Linville Creek. Adjoining Leonard Herring, Daniel Stover. March 22, 1780. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 98].
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 488.--18th November, 1763. David Ralston (Rollstone) and Ann ( ) to Samuel Ralston, £70, 350 acres on Morssey Creek; corner Wm. McKeters. Teste: Moses Sample.
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records: (unless otherwise listed)
- Page 287.--17th November, 1758. Benj. Copland's estate settlement, by Ann Ralston (late Anne Copland). 19th March, 1755, former account. John Shaw's note (he ran away). Paid Thos. Pointer for one-half year schooling of Jacob and Mary Copland £1. Credits since 23d September, 1757--To Hannah Copeland, Sarah Copeland, Anne Ralston, David Ralston, Samuel Semple, Thomas Gregg, Samuel Hull, Robert Patterson, Edward McGeery, David Berry, Daniel Henderson, Peter Trader.
- Samuel Semple Creditor
- (Note: Samuel married Benjamin Copland's daughter Hannah in 1761)
- Land Grant Survey: Jeremiah Harrison, 400 acres, Fork of Linvils Creek. Mentioned Abraham Hite, 1,200 acres, Robert McCoy, Jost Hite, William Duff, and Robert Green. Adjoining David Ralston, John Wright. August 22, 1761. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 3].
- Page 115.--31st Decemebr, 1760. Same (Alex. Hite and Rebecca, of Hampshire) to Jeremiah Harrison, £150, 400 acres on Linvel's Creek, part of 1,200 above, adjoining Wright and Ralstone above. Delivered: Jeremiah Harrison, 14th October, 1765.
- Page 304.--15th October. 1765. Jeremiah Harrison and Catherine to John Hinton, of County of Berks, Province Pennsylvania, £267.10, 400 acres on Linvel's Creek; corner John Wright, David Ralstone; corner conveyed by Abraham Hite to Jeremiah, 31st December, 1760, part of 1,200 acres conveyed to Abraham by McCoy et als., to whom it was originally granted. Delivered: John Hinton, August, 1768.
- Land Grant Survey: Page 65 - Solomon Mathews, assignee of David Rolston, 224 acres, Joes Creek. Adjoining his own land, Frances Green. 1786. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 119.
Information on David Ralston
3. DAVID2 ROLSTONE, SR. (WILLIAM1) was born Abt. 1733, and died 1802 in Rockingham Co., Va., age ~65. He married MRS. ANN COPELAND Bet. March 20, 1754 - March 19, 1755 in Augusta Co., Va.. She was born 1720, and died Aft. August 23, 1779 in Rockingham Co., Va..
Children of DAVID ROLSTONE and ANN COPELAND are:
- 9. i. JAMES3 ROLSTONE, b. Bef. 1756, Augusta Co., Va.; d. Aft. 1799.
- 10. ii. ELEANOR ROLSTON, b. 1756, Augusta (now Rockingham ) Co., Va.; d. Bet. 1812 - 1820, Fayette Co., Ky., age 56+.
- 11. iii. WILLIAM ROLSTON, b. 1757, Augusta (now Rockingham) Co., Va.; d. August 02, 1807, Bull Creek, Wood Co., Va. (now WV.), age 50.
- 12. iv. DAVID ROLSTONE, JR., b. October 20, 1760, Augusta (now Rockingham) Co., Va.; d. June 05, 1849, Rockingham Co., Va., age 88.
5. David Rolstone b. abt 1734, possibly Botetourt Co., VA, m. c. Mar 19 1755, in (Greenbrier Co.), VA, Ann Copeland, b. c. 1728, d. VA. David died 1802, VA. David listed in Greenbrier Co. in 1790 VA Census. David & Ann bought land from Robert & Matthew Rolstone Nov 16 1757 in Augusta Co., VA [Grantee Book 7 Pg 491]. Ann: In a reference to David & Ann(e) Rolstone in the DAR Library, she is identified as "widow." She is identified in Abstracts of Wills of Augusta Co., VA, Will Book #2, as executrix of Benj. Cop(e)land's estate. Ann's death date unknown. Last recorded land transaction of David & Ann was Aug 23 1779; after this Ann not found in documentation.
- 11. i William Rolstone b. 1757.
- 12. ii David Rolstone b. Oct 20 1760.
- 13. iii Henry Rolstone b. abt 1767.
- iv Elianor Rolstone b. c. 1756, VA, m. Nicholas Curry, b. abt 1756, VA. Elianor died KY. Went to Fayette Co., KY [Src: L. Mundinger] Nicholas: Father: John Curry
- Chalkley, Lyman. Chronicles of the Scotch-Irish settlement in Virginia: Extracted from the Original Court Records of Augusta County, 1745-1800. (Rosslyn, Virginia: The Commonwealth Printing Company, 1912-1913 in Three Volumes), Vol. 2, Page 456.
CHRONICLES OF THE Scotch-Irish Settlement IN VIRGINIA EXTRACTED FROM THE ORIGINAL COURT RECORDS OF AUGUSTA COUNTY 1745-1800
AUGUSTA PARISH VESTRY BOOK.
Page 444.--1767-1768: Processioned by Robt. Cravens and Jeremiah Harrison: For Daniel Smith, for Lennard Herren, for Samuel Sample, for Thomas Harrison, for John Harrison, for Wm. Snaddone, for John McClure, for Saml. Briggs, for John McGill, for John Fowler, for Saml. Hemphill, for Jeremiah Harrison, for William Gregg, for Pat. Guin, for Jno. Cravens, for Robt. Cravens, for Daniel Love, for Daniel Harrison, for John Brown, for David Ralston, for John Hinton, for Vaulintine Saveyer, for Francis Hughes, for Alex. Harrison, for James Fowler, for Edward Shanklin, for Jennett McDonald, for Alex. Miller, for Jno. Hardman, for Henry Ewen (Erven), for William Ervin, for Andw. Ervin, for Walter Crow, for Michael Waren, for John Curry.