Facts and Events
citing: Source "The Three David Porters: Captain, Commodore, and Admiral, and Their Delaware Roots" by Francklyn Wynne Paris pub 1982 by Del. Gen. Soc. Journal Vol 1 page 25.
David Porter ca 1700 - 1750/51 was a farmer and miller in New Castle County DE
Children of David Porter:
- married 1) & ? Eleanor Crawford (perhaps a first wife) but perhaps this is his mother.
- married 2) & Augnish [Agnes] ? of New Castle County DE Identfied in will
MySource:Will of David Porter 1750/51
Will of David Porter 8 Jan 1750/51 - prob 5 Feb 1750/51 New Castle Co, Del
- son Alexander - plantation, messuage of lands and millens which I lately bought of John Crawford together with all the appurtenances thereunto belonging, he paying the sum of two hundred and fivety pounds to ye aforesaid John Crawford which remains unpaid for said messuage of lands and millens, also 2 cows, 2 mares, a stoned horse, and a year old colt formerely called his own.
- son David - plantation whereon I now live, also Negro boy Baslie, Negro woman Sall and two thirds of all moveables.
- son Patrick - to be provided for by son David with sufficient apparel, meat, drink, washing, and lodging until such time as said Patrick learns to be a good English scholar, also to Patrick at age 21, 100 pounds.
- daughter Elinor - a good riding mare, bridle, saddle and fivety pounds in money together with a good feather bed and furniture.
- daughter Jane - fivety pounds when she is eighteen years of age.
- dearly beloved wife Augnish - use of the best room in the house together with the third of the plantation I now live on during her natural life and no longer, with the thirds of my moveable estate and at her disposing as she shall think proper.
Sons Alexander and David, executors.
Witnesses: John Crawford, Alexander Porter, George Davis.
Source- "The Three David Porters: Captain, Commodore, and Admiral, and Their Delaware Roots" by Francklyn Wynne Paris pub 1982 by Del. Gen. Soc. Journal Vol 1 page 49.
- 1. David Porter ca 1725 - ca 1787 intestate married 1st unknown
- Ann Porter married 20 Feb 1790 Joshua Merrick who married 2nd Margaret Johnston
- Margaret Porter married ca 1797 James Boulden, the younger
- Mary Porter married ca 1795 John Porter son of Alexander and Margaret Stewart
- Elizabeth Porter 9 Dec 1779 - 13 Mar 1843 married 17 May 1798 Lewis Curlett 1775 - 7 June 1839
- Eleanor Porter married William Best d. by 1820
- David Porter ca 1785 - removed to Belleville, Ill ca 1812
- William Porter bef 1787 - bef 1793
- Susannah Porter married Mark Kerr
- 2. Alexander Porter 5 May 1727 - married Elizabeth Culbertson married 2nd Margaret Stewart daughter of David Stewart of St Georges Hundred; widow of John Vandike 1733-1759
- 3. Elinor Porter 1729 - 13 Oct 1767 married John Tittermary, rope maker
- a. David Tittermary bapt 14 Apr 1760 - 10 May 1800 Phila PA married Ann Vandike
- b. Eleanor Tittermary 19 Feb 1766 - Feb 1840 married Robert Mercer, mariner
- 4. Patrick Porter 1732/50 - ca 1779 died unmarried Adm. of Patrick Porter to David Porter of New Castle Hundred, next of kin, 10 Jan 1780, New Castle Co. Bk L-1 p180 Del. St. Arch., Dover. On 24 Oct 1779 he was present at a muster of the "Cristeen Company" (White Clay Hundred) with "Rats [rations?] - 2, Fier Locks-1, Baynet-1, Cartridge Boxes-1" Del. Archives, Mil. Vol II p765.
- 5. Jane Porter 1734/50 - ? married New Castle Del 29 May 1760 William Gray