Facts and Events
David Moore was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
David Moore's land (Beverley Manor SW, 189 acres, 1747) as shown on the map meticulously drawn by J.R. Hildebrand, cartographer. This map is copyrighted©, used by permission of John Hildebrand, son of J.R. Hildebrand, April, 2009.
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 340.--13th August, 1747. Wm. Beverley to David Moore, £10.16.4; 189 acres in Beverley Manor; Joseph Reed's line; corner to Col. Patton. Teste: Robert Davies, James Crawford, John Lin. Proved by all, 19th August, 1747.
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 292.--25th May, 1771. Mary ( ) Edmiston, of Philadelphia Penna., widow, one of the devisees named in will of David Moore, of Virginia, deceased, to Samuel Hunter, yeoman, £17, on head waters of Christie's Creek in Beverley Manor adjoining lands of William Thompson, James Cowan, William Hays and Robert Wilson, 94-1/2 acres. Teste: William Hutcheson, John Adudell, James Alexander, Benjamin McMechan, Alexander ( ) Thompson. (Note: the Mary "Edmiston" named in this deed was the sister of David Moore, named in his will as shown below).
Will and Administration of David Moore
- Page 104.--2nd February, 1748. David Moore's will - Sister, Mary Edmiston and her daughter Eleanor, all proper. Executors, Thos. Beard, Ro. Ramsey. Proved, 15th February, 1748. Page 105.--15th February, 1748. Executors qualify as above.
Records of David Moore in Augusta County, VA
- Page 540.--Commission to Thomas Waring, James Garnet, Benj. Winslow and Francis Waring, Gent., Justices of Essex County, to privately examine Elizabeth, wife of Wm. Beverley, as to release of dower in land conveyed, 12th and 13th August, 1747, to James Lynn, 500 acres on head branches of Shanando, 21st September, 1748. Executed, and dower released, 6th February, 1749. Page 550.--Same as to David Moore's deed.
- Page 453.--27th August, 1751. David Hay, yeoman, and Jane, to William Thompson, weaver, 306 acres, Christian's Creek, sold by Beverley to Joseph Reed, taylor, 23d July, 1740; 25th September, 1741. Corner John Buchanan; David Moor's land; James Robinson's line; Charles Campbell's line; Patrick Campbell's corner.
Help fund new features!