Facts and Events
David McNeely was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST, 1779 (C). - William Hamilton vs. David McNeelley, Jr. (North River).--Writ, 24th August, 1774. Not executed, because defendant is in his Majesty's service.
Revolutionary War Pension Information
Information from “Virginia/West Virginia Genealogical Data from Revolutionary War Pension and Bounty Land Warrant Records”, Vol. 3, compiled by Patrick G. Wardell, Lt. Col. U.S. Army Ret. :
- McNeely, David - born 10/15/1758 in Augusta County, Virginia; entered service abt. age 18 in 14th Virginia Regiment; received Pension 1832 in Madison County, Alabama, where he died 7/19/1836; married 2/23/1789 Rebecca Dickey, Madison County, Kentucky; date of marriage per County Clerk was 5/7/1789; widow died abt. age 85-86 there on 9/19/1852 at home of daughter Nancy Barnett, leaving children: Nancy, Martha Culver, George & William, all resided there; daughter Nancy born 3/4/1790, married 6/26/1808 Hugh Barnett (born 4/24/1790, dec'd in 1854); Hugh Barnett family records: James Porter Barnett born 1/22/1818, David Price Barnett born 2/12/1820, Martha Barnett born 12/10/1821, Lucy Barnett born 12/27/1823 (died 7/17/1829), Enos Henderson Barnett born 12/30/1825, Louisa Barnett born 4/16/1829, Louisa Simpson died 6/11/1853, Robert Barnett born 1/3/1832, Sary Ann Barnett died 4/22/1852 abt. age 31, Wesley Hoes Barnett died 10/10/1852; James Barnett (father of Hugh) died 3/4/1816 age 48, Jane Barnett died 10/26/1836 at age 70 & 6 months, William A. Combs died 9/30/1846, John Coombs died 5/15/1847 abt. age 57 & John W. Barnett (son of David & Sary) died 12/3/1849 abt. age 3; in 1854 Robert Barnett (no kinship given) resided in Madison County, Tennessee, age 22; John S. Barnett (no kinship given) resided there than age 45; James F. Barnett (no kinship given resided there then; soldier's surname also spelled McNeeley. F-W1051, R1698.
Land Records in Logan County, KY
- 11 May 1811
- David McNEELY and Rebecca his wife of Franklin County TN to Samuel SUMMERS of Bedford Co TN for $500 ...land lying in Logan County ...100 a ...Clear Fork of Gasper River
- Witness: Thomas PROCTOR, Samuel H. HADEN, Daniel HYLTON
- [Source: Logan County, Kentucky Deed Book C, 1810-1813]
- ↑ GEDCOM file. Created on 12 Mar 1997. Imported on 13 Dec 2005..
Help fund new features!