Facts and Events
David Little was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 457.--14th August, 1767. Andrew ( ) Brown and Jean to David Lyttle, £125, 260 acres in Fork of James River, on North Branch of James. Delivered: David Lyttle, July, 1769.
- Little, David. Will Probate, Dec. 1813.
- Names Children: John, Robert, William, James, David, Sarah and Rebecca.
- [Source: Early Marriages, Wills and some Revolutionary War Records, Botetourt County, Virginia, Compiled by Anne Lowry Worrell, pg. 59].
- Will of David Little, Probated December, 1813
- "To my son John all my interest in my saw mill and 50 acres of my old tract of 200 acres. He is to pay to my other children equal shares.
- To my son, Robert part of my old tract of 210 acres by Big Spring Ridge to Peter's line.
- To my son William (two words Illegible) my old grist mill and saw mill to begin on the Creek of the old saw mill fording.
- To my son James...
- To my son David and his heirs my tract of 75 acres on the foot of Tinker Mountain which joins the lands of Christian Shanks.
- To my daughters Sarah and Rebecca and their heirs, my tract of land in Rockbridge County on the North Run.
- Mentions a partnership with Robt. Harvey on some land.
- I appoint my friends James Smiley, Wm. Anderson, and Christian Shanks my executors.
- Witnesses, David Smiley, Sarah Little and Luke Barrett.
- Probated Dec, 1813. Inventory in Book B, 387.
- [will, will book B, pg 368, Botetourt Co., Nov. 25, 1813]
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 106.--5th July, 1768. Christian Godfrey Milliron and Mary to Joseph Cooper, £50, 124 acres on North Branch of James River in Forks of James, corner James Bailey; David Little's corner. Teste: Isaac Ward.
- David Little was mentioned in the will of his brother, Joseph Little, filed 6 February 1787 in Rockbridge County, Virginia.
- David Little was mentioned in the will of his father-in-law, Robert McCalpin, filed December 1791 in Rockbridge County, Virginia.
- Ancestry Family Trees. (Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members.), Ancestry Family Trees.
- Ancestry.com/Ancestry Family Trees: Public Members Trees.
Help fund new features!