Facts and Events
David Gregory was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond - 1786--February 2, David Gregory and Margaret Warrick; David, son of Mary Gregory; Margaret, daughter of Wm. Warwick; surety, Wm. Rider; witness, John Slavins.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond - 1786--February 2, William Ryder and Mary Brisco, widow; surety, David Gregory.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Record - 1786, By Saml. Shannon, V. D. M.: February 9th, David Gregory and Margaret Warrick.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Record - 1786, By Rev. Saml. Shannon: February 7th, David Gregory and Margaret Warrick. (duplicate of record listed above).
- Vol. 2 - BOOK MARKED "RECORDS FROM SEPTEMBER, 1789, TO APRIL, 1793," DISTRICT COURT. - Page 301--List of insolvents for year 1786 in Augusta returned by Thos. Hughart, which was charged to be false, and he was indicted for perjury. Charles Ash removed. Ephraim Beats removed to Kentucky. Thomas Bleack removed to Greenbrier. Following have removed: John Awfold, Joseph and Jacob Bennett, Henry Baker, Jno. Brinkley, Jno. Bean, Jno. Collins, Henry Casebolt, Thos. Davis, John Denison (to French Broad), Jacob Elsworth, Francis Graham (to Kentucky), David Gregory (to Kentucky), James Hicklen (to Kentucky), Wm. Hicklen (to Kentucky), John Jordan (to Kentucky), Thos. Jerris (Jervis), Andrew Moody (to Kentucky), Henry Null (to Kentucky), James and John Lambert (to Kentucky), Henry Morrison, John Nelson, Cornelius Vansdale, Jno. Portlock (to Kentucky), Wm. Robenson, James Rucker, Chas. Ramsey, Lewis and Francis Tackett, James Tanner, Richard Bennett, Thos. Tackett, George Stout.
- Vol. 2 - List of Delinquents and Insolvents in the Revenue Tax for 1786 given in by Thomas Hughart, Sheriff, in Second Battalion. These removed, viz: Charles Ash, Jos. Bennett; Ephraim Beats, to Kentucky; Henry Baker, John Been, Henry Casebolt; Jno. Denison, to French Broad; Francis Graham, to Kentucky; James Hicklen, to Kentucky; John Jordan, to Kentucky; Andrew Moody, to Kentucky; James Lambert, Henry Morrison, John Nelson; Jno. Pourtlock, to Kentucky; James Rucker, Lewis Tackett, Francis Tackett, Thos. Tackett, George Stout, Jno. Awfold, Jacob Bennett; Thos. Bleake, to Greenbrier; Jno. Brinkely, Jno. Collins, Thos. Davis, Jacob Elsworth; David Gregory, to Kentucky; Wm. Hicklin, to Kentucky; Thos. Jervis; Hennly Null, to Kentucky; Jno. Lambert; Cornelius Miller, deceased; Cornelius Vansdale, Wm. Robenson, Chas. Ramsey, James Tanner, Richard Bennett, Robert Stuart.