Facts and Events
David Frazier was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 593.--15th May, 1764. David ( ) Frazer, of Albemarle County, to James Frazer, £40.10, 220 acres, southeast side Shanando River, the lower corner to Frazer's line. Teste: Wm. Patterson, Robert Frazer, Jno. Reburn.
- Page 158.--26th August, 1768. David ( ) Frazeir, eldest son and heir of William Frazier, deceased, and Barbara, ( ) to Gabriel Jones, attorney at law, £45, a certain island called the Great Island, 54 acres in Shanandore River, nearly opposite the plantation whereon Jones lives, patented to William Frazier, 20th June, 1753. Delivered: Jacob Kinney per order, 6th April, 1804.
- Page 369.--17th August, 1772. David ( ) Fraizer and Barbara ( ) to George Conrad, £90, 157 acres patented to William Frazier, deceased, father to said David, 25th September, 1746, on south side of Shanandore, 2 mile run. Delivered: Geo. Conrod, August Court, 1776.
Processioning List of 1767-68
- "Processioning" was the periodic review and agreement of property lines between settler's lands. Processioning Lists are useful in determining the general area of a settlers lands and their neighbors at specific time periods:
- Page 448.--1767-68: Processioned by Augustine Price and Frederick Armontrout, viz: For Peter Teasler, for Peter Seller, for Michael Shurle, for John Coutts, for Jacob Man, for John Man, for Jacob Herman, for Henry Long for George Mellow, for Anthony Aeiler, for Jacob Nicholas, for John Hetrick, for Henry Seller, for Alveness Roy(g)ers, for Christopher Deter for George Man, for Peter Miller, for George Miller, for George Fridle, for Peter Herman, Jr.; for Augustine Price, Anthony Aeiler present; for Jacob Arcebright, for Adam Heterick, for Adam Pens, for Jacob Miller, for James Fraiser, for Thomas Burke, for Peachey Gilmore for Charles Rush, for Fredk. Armentrout, for David Fraizer, for Jno. Craige.
Records of David Frazier in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 358.--18th August, 1764. We, Amy Frazier, David Frazier, do make over the administration of Wm. Frazier, estate deceased unto James Frazier. Teste: Michael Coker, Robt. Frazier, Michl. Coager.
- Vol. 1 - MAY, 1774 (A). - John Frazier vs. David Frazier.--Case writ, 26th February, 1773. Defendant is gone to New River.
- William Rowlinson's Declaration, September 3d, 1832: Age 76; born in New Jersey, April 16, 1756; Capt. Parker, of County of Essex; Col. Heard, Capt. Vandevender, Lieut. Paine, Capt. David Frazier, Col. John Webster, Capt. John Shaw. Nathaniel Rowlinson, also a soldier, testifies. (Note: this David Frazier?).