Facts and Events
David Byers was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Information on David Byers
From "History of Bell/Barrett Cemetery, Rush County, Indiana, Semi-Centennial History of the Presbyterian Church, Knightstown, Indiana" :
There is a David Byers mentioned in the piece and his wife Elizabeth (Horne), from Augusta County; they were married 10 APR 1827, by the rev, James Morrison, New Providence, Rockbridge Co., VA. I believe they are buried in BBC. As is a son whom is mentioned as being baptized early on, John Ott Byers. [Source: http://www.ingenweb.org/inrush/HistoryofBellBarrett.htm]
- Byers, David; d. Oct. 2, 1842, age 38 yrs 11 mos 24 days.
- Byers, Elizabeth (Horn);ww/o David Byers, b. May 29, 1804, d. Aug. 21, 1881.
- Byers, Elizabeth; w/o Samuel Byers, d. Sept. 30, 1849, age 22 yrs 11 mos 3 days.
- Byers, John Ott; s/o D. & E. Byers, d. Mar. 25 ,1837, age 4 yrs 6 mos 29 days.
NOTE: Top of stone is missing with name, dates and age given to John Ott Byers, in 1900 reading.
- Byers, Samuel; d. Sept. 10, 1855, age 40 years, 6 mons, and 22 days.
Help fund new features!