Daniel J. Vernon
m. BET SEP 1843 AND 15 MAR 1844
Facts and Events
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Williams, Ernest Russ, Jr. Genealogical Abstracts and Historical Abstracts of Legal Records of St. Helena Parish, Lousiana, 1804-1870. (Louisiana, Monroe: Williams Genealogical and Historical Publications, 1995), p. 131. .
Succession of Daniel J. Vernon, 1846, St. Helena Succn. Bk. E,pps. 465-471
- ↑ 1830 enumeration census of St. Helena Parish, Louisiana. (Zachary, Louisiana: D.W. Johnson, c1975), Daniel Vernon household.
- ↑ St. Helena Parish Courthouse - Clerk of Court.
Succession of Daniel Vernon, 4 September 1846, recorded in Conveyances Book H, number 342.
- ↑ Vernon, John 1 male; 1 female; 5 children; 7 slaves (Sanders, 1812 StTammanny Tax List, 1972)
- ↑ Daniel Vernon Males Females
to 5: 1 2
5 to 1013
10 to 15 11
30 to 4011
60 to 701
- ↑ John M. Vernon petitions for Family Meeting for inventory and appraisement and appointment of tutors for minor children.
- ↑ Family Meeting: Aristedes Bennett, Michael W. Watson, Walter Watson,Bennett Watson, Willis D. Watson (were appointed Aug 28).
Before S.B. Draughon, N.P. John Vernon, grandfather over 65 years old.Aristides Bennett, uncle of the minors, appointed tutor. John M.Bennett, appointed under-tutor.
- ↑ Inventory by Elijah Self and Able Dixon, appraisors. Charles Hughes,Nathaniel Amacker, and S.B. Draughon, N.P. witnesses.
549 acres, 4 slaves, animals, tools and household goods. Value $3,907.81.
- ↑ John M. Vernon posts administrative bond with Aristides Bennett as security.
Aristides Bennett posts $1000 bond as tutor with John M. Vernon as security.