Facts and Events
Daniel Harvey was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Daniel Harvey's land (Borden NW, 150 acres acquired from John Robinson, Sr. on 2 August 1764, part of his 300-acre tract acquired in 1753, adjoining Mathew Robinson's tract to the south) as shown on the map meticulously drawn by J.R. Hildebrand, cartographer. This map is copyrighted©, used by permission of John Hildebrand, son of J.R. Hildebrand, April, 2009.
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 673.--2d August, 1764. John Robinson and Sarah ( ) to Daniel Harvey, £25, 150 acres in Borden's tract, Mathew Robinson's line. Teste: John and Samuel Edmiston and John Stewart. Delivered: Daniel Harvey, April, 1768. Conveyed by Borden to Robinson. (Note for followup: could John Robinson be possible fathe-in-law of Daniel Harvey?)
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2 - Marriage in Augusta County - 1761-- November 17, Daniel Harvey. (note: bride's name not listed in record)
- Page 673.--2d August, 1764. John Robinson and Sarah ( ) to Daniel Harvey, £25, 150 acres in Borden's tract, Mathew Robinson's line. Teste: John and Samuel Edmiston and John Stewart. Delivered: Daniel Harvey, April, 1768.
- Vol. 1 - MAY 19, 1785. - (59) Archibald Strange, Peter Hindricks, John Henderson, Abraham Kelly, John Campbell, Sr., Daniel Harvie, John McKenny--returned no inhabitants.
Records in Adair County, Kentucky
From "Adair County, Kentucky Deeds and Extracts", compiled by Michael C. Watson:
- 8 February 1804 - Daniel Harvey, Senior of Adair County appointed John Fletcher of Adair as lawful attorney to demand "any part of my estate which may be in the hands of others...." Signed with his mark. [Page 182].
- 22 May 1805 - Daniel Harvey, Senior of Adair County to "My son John Harvey" of Christian County, KY.... power of attorney to sell lands I hold in Virginia. [Page 281].