Facts and Events
Records of Daniel Campbell in Augusta County, VA
(Note: some of these records may not be of the same Daniel Campbell)
- Vol. 1 - NOVEMBER, 1752. - Campbell vs. Campbell.--Moses Campbell, of Augusta County, obligor to Daniel and Alexander Campbell (of King George?), gone to Carolina in 1752 (he lived on South River). Not found in 1751 and 1750.
- Vol. 3 - Page 32.--5th November, 1753. James Campbell's will--Aged about 71 years: To son Daniel, 200 acres, part of tract testator lives on; to Margaret, a horse running at John McClure's; to grandchild, Elizabeth White, a child, to be cared for by Margret; to grandson, James Steel, a horse until testator's son, Daniel, comes of age; to son, John; to son-in-law, Isaac White; to son-in-law, Saml. Steel and Isaac White, executors. Teste: Robt. Cunningham, Benj. Stewart. Proved, 22d March, 1754, by the witnesses. Executors qualify, with surety Jno. Ramsey.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST, 1754. (C). - Alexander and Daniel Campbell vs. Thomas Dove.--Alexander and Daniel of King George County, 1750. Affidavit by Daniel in Frederick County, 1752.
- Vol. 2 - List of Delinquents - 1767--Col. Preston's list: Geo. Alexander, Jno. Bradley, Henry Carter, runaway; Joseph Barker, runaway; James Crawford, Peter Cutright, runaway; Walter Carrick, runaway; Jno. Clark, Sam'l Cowan, Henry Dooley, Jno. Ager, Jas. Gilliland, runaway; Thos. Howell, runaway; Wm. Herbison, Jr., wrong named; Jno. Kirkland, Wm. Longly, Jno. Lowry, Jno. and Thos. Martin, Abraham Moon, Jno. Potts, Wm. Robinson, Benj. Robottom, runaway; Thos. Scott, Wm. Terry, Jas. Wattson, James Alexander, Elias Barker, runaway; Thos. and Wm. Brown, James Clark, John Cantly, Daniel Campbell, James Cowan, runaway; Alex. Covit, Wm. Devin, runaway; John Dunn, Alex. Forbus, runaway; Joseph Glading, Wm. Hungate, no inhabitant; Geo. Inglebird, Lemuel Sanders, Thomas Lewis, Philip Love, David Magee, Jno. Neilly, doctor; Drury Puckett, Rich'd Reed, Nicholas Smith, runaway; Jno. Taylor, Edw'd Wilson. (Note: it is not clear if this is the same Daniel Campbell listed in this list of delinquents, however it may show that Daniel moved away from Augusta County by 1767, more research is necessary).
- Vol. 1 - MAY, 1781. - Daniel, Joseph and John Campbell vs. James Henderson.--Case writ, 27th March, 1780. Plaintiffs sold in 1779 to defendant a negro slave. Of the purchase money of £42, 16 shillings. Question--What rate in Virginia currency the same was to be paid. Arbitrators declared at the rate of 100 pieces in the present paper money, amounting to £4,280.