- H. John Little (add)
- W. Cristena A. ReeseAbt 1839 -
m. 3 Oct 1857
Facts and Events
- ↑ Boone County, Indiana; FHLS #0007722, in United States. 1840 U.S. Census Population Schedule, p. 297, line 20, Primary quality.
Jefferson Reese, 1 male under 5 [Joseph], 1 male 20-30 [Jefferson]; 1 female under 5 [Christena], 1 female 20-30 [Rhoda]; 1 engaged in agriculture
- ↑ Complete Probate Record, in Indiana. Circuit Court (Boone County), and Boone County (Indiana). Clerk of the Circuit Court. Probate records 1830-1925. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1983), Vol. A,, p. 385; FHL Film #1320335, Primary quality.
on the 24th day of March 1849 said administrator by Angle and Dougherty his attorneys . . . [and] represent that he is informed and charges that . . . Jefferson Reese one of the heirs of said estate, did receive by way of advancement in the lifetime of said deceased the like sum of three hundred dollars, . . . . Your petitioner further represents that said Joseph Reese died leaving the following children his heirs at law . . . Jefferson Reese who on the [blank] day of [blank] died leaving Joseph Reese, Christian Reese Benjamin Reese & Mary J. Reese his children . . . .
And thereupon writs of summon were duly issued by said Clerk upon the suggestion of said Petitioner, to the Sheriffs of Boone, Marion, Johnson and Shelby counties, for said defendants to appear at the next term of said Court thereafter and answer said Petition – which said writs were all duly returned endorsed thus –
The one to Shelby Co. thus “Came to hand April 6th 1849 served on all of Reese heirs by copy. April 16, 1849. W. Wood Shff.S.C.”
- ↑ Probate Order Book, in Indiana. Circuit Court (Boone County), and Boone County (Indiana). Clerk of the Circuit Court. Probate records 1830-1925. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1983), Vol. C, pp. 248-9; FHL #320127, Primary quality.
May term 1849
James S. Hamilton admr Deb. non
William Reese, Cornelius McDermot & Martha his wife, Jonathan Goff & Matilda his wife, Alfred McKinzie & wife, Robert C. Dunn & Jane his wife, Granville Reese, Joseph Reese, Cristena Reese, Benjamin Reese, Lydia E. McDermot, Sarah A. McDermot & Mary J his wife, Mary Jane Reese
Petition on final settlement to ascertain advancements to defts
Comes now the said James S. Hamilton administrator deboris non of said Estate, and the defendants to wit Joseph Reese, Cristena Reese, Benjamin Reese, and Mary Jane Reese heirs at law of Jefferson Reese deceased . . . answered not but herein make default . . . . And it appearing to the court now here from the proofs and allegations that said defendants are heirs at law of said Joseph Reese deceased and it also further appearing to the court from the evidence adduced upon the examination of witnesses that . . . Jefferson Reese had also received the sum of two hundred dollars ($200) . . . .
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Sugar Creek Township, Shelby, Indiana, in United States. 1850 U.S. Census Population Schedule, HH 267, Fam 253; FHL #0442950, Primary quality.
Besill [Besell], Felix, 30, male, millwright, b. PA, RE=blank
, Ro[d]a, 29, female, b. OH
, Hannah, 1, female, b. IN
Reese, Joseph, 12, male, b. IN, at school
, Crissa A., 11, female, b. IN, at school
, Benjamin, 9, male, b. IN, at school
, Mary J., 5, female, b. IN, at school