Facts and Events
||Cornelius C. Stevens
||29 Jul 1845
||St. Helena, Louisiana
||Amite City, Tangipahoa, Louisiana, United States
||Gainesville, Sumter, Alabama, United Statesparoled
||11 May 1871
||Tangipahoa, Louisiana(at the home of her father by Rev. Boyce, Baptist preacher, per Julia Lagroue)
to Julia Lagroue
||27 Feb 1922
||Stevens Family Cemetery, Tangipahoa, Louisiana, United States
There are 23 vital records available on MyHeritage for Cornelius C. Stevens, including birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Vital records are historical records that are typically recorded around the actual time of the event, which means they are likely accurate.
Vital records include information like the event date and place, and the person's occupation and residence.
Vital records also often include information about the person's relatives.
For example, birth and marriage records include names of parents and divorce records list the names of children.
See all vital records for Cornelius C. Stevens
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Evans, Ronald M. The Descendants of Uriah Stevens and Nancy Kevil. (Independence, Tangipahoa, Louisiana, United States: Ronald M. Evans, 1995).
- ↑ William Stevens Bible New York, American Bible Society, 1948 In possession of Irene Fendlason, Natalbany, Louisiana.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Cornelius Stevens, in Louisiana, United States. Louisiana Civil War Pension Applications.
Enlisted in Co. A, 18th Batt. Louisiana Cavalry, Amite City, Tangipahoa Parish, Louisiana.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Gravestones at Stevens Family Cemetery, Tickfaw, Louisiana.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Mrs. Julia Stevens, in Louisiana, United States. Louisiana Civil War Pension Applications.
- ↑ United States. 1880 U.S. Census Population Schedule, Ward 6 page 516b.
1880 Louisiana census Tangipahoa parish Ward 6 page 516b
Stevens, Cornelius white male age 34 married timber getter b. LA
Stevens, Julia white female age 26 wife married keeping house b. LA
Stevens, Blanch white female age 6 daughter single b. LA
Stevens, Theodore white male age 5 son single b. LA
Stevens, Alice white female age 4 daughter single b. LA
Stevens, Arcine white female age 2 daughter single b. LA
Stevens, William Lee white male age 9/12 b. sept? son single b. LA
- ↑ Cornelius Stevens Household, in United States. 1900 U.S. Census Population Schedule. (National Archives Microfilm Publication T624).
1900 Louisiana census Tangipahoa Parish Ward 6 page 263b
Stevens, Cornelius head white male b. ?/1845? age ? married b. LA
Stevens, Julia wife white female b. 2/1853 age 47 married 29 years, 8 children born, 7 living; b. LA
Stevens, Lee son white male b. 8/1879 age 20 single b. LA farm laborer
Stevens, Orsene daughter white female b. 11/1877 age 22 single b. LA
Stevens, Allen son white male b. 2/1884 age 16 single b. LA farm laborer
Stevens, Harry son white male b. 2/1886 age 14 single b. LA farm laborer
Stevens, Ida daughter white female b. 10/1887 age 12 single b. LA at school
living next door is son Theodore b. 2/1875 and wife Eva, newlyweds