Facts and Events
Christopher Uhl was one of the Early Settlers of Germanna Colony
Immigration to Germanna Colony
Christopher Uhl and his family are listed among the second group of settlers to Germanna Colony in Virginia in April 1717:
- Christopher Uhl (Yowell, Owell), Eva, Georg Friedrich, 12, Magdalena, 11, Anna Catharina, 8, Friedrich David, 5, Anna Barbara, 3, Hans Jacob (James), infant
Early Land Acquisitions in Virginia
- Christopher Awel [OWEL|. 124a. NL. St. Marks Par.. Spotsylvania, in great fork of Rappahannock R: Michael A well's line; c. tothesd. Awel& Michael Clause. 12 Sep. 1733. (p. 120) [Spotsylvania County, Virginia Deed Book 15].
Acquisition of Land from Orange County, Virginia Records:
- Christopher Uhl (Youell, Owell) received a patent of 400 acres "Kindsey's line... along a hill side crossing a run... head of a branch... side of a mountain..." on 28 Sept. 1728, (as listed in the disposition below):
- Pg. 191-193. Indenture 8 Aug. 1744 between William Vigour of Stafford County, Joyner, and Christopher Yowell of Orange County... deeds of lease and release... payment of £38.. for 555 acres... St. Mark's Parish, Orange County, on fork of the Rappahannock River.. (corner) Michael Cloars.... (signed) William Vigour (seal). Witnesses: J. Dillon, Jno. Willis, W. Hughes, Francis (X) Michaell. Recorded Orange County 23 August 1744. [Orange County Virginia Deed Book 9, Dorman, pg. 22].
Disposition of Land from Orange County, Virginia Records:
- Pages 155-59. 8-9 March 1742 . Christopher Owell of Orange County to John Owell of same. Lease and release; for £10 current money. 100 acres, part of 400 acres granted by pattent unto Christopher Owell 28 Sept. 1728... Kindsey's line... along a hill side crossing a run... head of a branch... side of a mountain... (signed) Christopher (C) Owell, Mary (X) Owell. 24 March 1742 . Acknowledged by Christopher Owell. [Orange County Virginia Deed Book 7, Dorman, pg. 48]. (Note: John Owell is the son of Christopher Owell).
Information on Christopher Uhl
From "Thomas Wieland (Wayland) and related lines"
Christopher UHL was born in 1679 in Sulzfeld, Baden, Wurttenberg, Germany. He died in 1761 in , Culpeper Co., Virginia.
One source for this Yowell line online is: http://members.tripod.com/Ward_Hunt/yowell.htm
He had the following children:
M i John YOWELL
F ii Magdalena YOWELL was born on 21 Sep 1706 in Sulzfeld, Baden, Wurttenberg, Germany.
F iii Ann Catharina YOWELL was born on 23 Mar 1709/1710 in Sulzfeld, Baden, Wurttenberg, Germany.
M iv Friedrick David YOWELL
F v Anna Barbara YOWELL was born on 8 Nov 1714 in Sulzfeld, Baden, Wurttenberg, Germany.
M vi James YOWELL was born on 10 Jan 1716/1717 in Sulzfeld, Baden, Wurttenberg, Germany. He died in 1777.
M vii Christopher YOWELL was born in 1720 in , Culpeper Co., Virginia. He died after 1750.
F viii Rebecca YOWELL
F ix Elizabeth YOWELL
Perhaps Christopher and his son John were the following passengers on the ship "Adventurer", which sailed from Rotterdam and arrived in Philadelphia on Oct. 2, 1727:
(only heads of family were listed on this ship)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Blankenbaker, John (e-mail: john@@germanna.com). Thomas Wayland (Wieland), Immigrant to Virginia prior to 1720, and related lines. (P.O. Box 120, Chadds Ford, PA 19317-0120).
Help fund new features!