d.bef. 20 August 1785
Facts and Events
||to Barbara Gum
||bef. 20 August 1785
Christopher Reed was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 20, 1785. - (250) Catharine Reid, aged 3 years 22d July last, daughter of Barbara Reid, to be bound.
- Vol. 1 - Vol. 1 - DECEMBER 20, 1785. - (271) Henry Cease, aged 6 years and 3 months, to be bound to Francis Huff. Peter Reed, aged 7 years 20th April last, to be bound to Jacob Grove.
- Vol. 2 - 1785---Page 1, orphans bound by order: (Sepetember), Cathrine Reid, daughter of Barbara Reed. (Note: Christopher Reed had apparently died prior to this date).
- Vol. 2 - 1785---Page 1, orphans bound by order: (December), Peter Reed (aged 7 years, 20th April last) to Abram Grove. (Note: from this record, Peter, probable son of this Christopher Reed, must have been born on 20 April 1777)
- Vol. 1 - JUNE 19, 1787. - (334) Following to be bound out: Polly Woland, to Charles Markle; Samuel Blakemore, to Abraham Rust: Peter Reed, to John Moore; William Breasline, 4 years old, to Thomas Mitchell; Henry Hatfield (formerly bound to John Francis, deceased), to Wm. Farris; John Reglan, to Jacob Peck; Sarah Blakemore, to Adam Bickle.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond - 1800--April 23, Jacob Runkle and Lewis Runkle, surety. Jacob Runkle and Catherine Reed, daughter of Christopher Reed and Barbara Reed. Latter consents. Teste: Peter Reed (Rhead, Read).
Information on christopoher Reed
From Excerpt From: Letter, Homer Jones to Gordon Walker, Dated December 7, 1957:
- John Gum's wife predeceased him, her name was Alice, and I am confident that she was the mother of Patience rather than being a relatively late, or second wife of John. John's children were Jacob (Dorothy); Isaac; John; William; Abraham (predeceased his father); Patience; and probably another daughter, wife of Christopher Reed. [Source: http://www.dannychesnut.com/Family/chesnut1.html]
Help fund new features!