Christoph Sebastian Kisling
Facts and Events
Christopher Kisling was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Will of Christopher Kisling
- Page 187.-- 20th December, 1773. Christofull Kislin's will, of Lick Run-- To son, John; to son, Teterick; to wife, Christiana; to son, Mathew, infant; to daughters, Catherine, Elizabeth, and Christiana; to son, Henry, infant. Teste: John Siller, Peter Kinder, and (German). Proved, 15th March, 1774, by the witnesses. Administration granted widow Catherine, who qualifies (mark) with Philip Lingle, John Lingle.
- Vol. 1 - MARCH 15, 1774. - (304) Christopher Kisling's (deceased) estate committed to widow, Christiana.
- Page 231.--22d _____, 1774. Christopher Kislinger's estate appraised by Jacob Nicholas, John Seller, Jacob Miller.
- Page 31.--19th May, 1778. Christopher Kisling's estate settled--Paid Mr. Gilbert as coroner, Wm. Barrier. Above men paid by the widow, what follows was paid by John Herdman, her present husband--To John Kisling, his part of his father's estate.
- In the Name of God Amen, I Christofull Kislen of Lick Run Augusta County, being weak in Body but of Sound Memery, (blessed be God) do this Day being the twentyth Day of December in the year of our Lord God one thousand seven hundred and seventy three make and publish this my last Will and Testament in Manner following: that is to say,
- first I give to my son John Kislen five pounds Current Lawful Money of Virginia, also I give and bequeath to my son Teterick Kislen the sum of five pounds Current Lawful Money of Virginia which is all I Allow them out of my Estate.
- Also I give to my beloved wife Christina Kislen a Cow and Heffer bed & bed Clothes together with her wearing Aperrel Spinning wheel and Chest and the least of the largest mettle potts and a two gallon mettle pott and also after the estate is appraised and sold she shall be ??? to a childs part and long live of the ?? land untill the Children of age but if she maryes she must quitt the said land as soon as Mathies Kislen is of age.
- Also I Give and bequeath to my Daughter Catherina a cow, And also I give Elizabeth and Christina my Daughters a Devition of Sheep, And Also I give and bequeath to my two youngest sons Mathies and Henry Kislen the land which I now live on which contains 96 Acres, which I Value to 90 (pounds)
- (signed) Christofull Kislen (C.K.)
- have this my last will and Testament set my hand and seal the day & year above Written Signed Seald and Delivered be the said C: K:
- As and for his his last will & Testament in the presence of us who ware present at the signing and sealing thereoff
- John Sellen
Records of Christopher Kisling in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 358.--8th February, 1759. Vendue of John Wingord's (Vinegard) estate--To Henry Colar, Christopher Kishlinger, Christopher Wingord, Ludwick Francisco, Augustine Price, Tetrach Couch, Conrad Bloze, Frederick Ermantrout, Jacob Nicholas, Margt. Wilmouth, Brice Russell, Alvenus Byar, Jacob Parsinger, Charles Man, Nicholas Millberry, Jno. Craig, Danl. Price, Jno. Fuge, Jacob Man, Henry Perkey, Nicholas Null, Jas. Laird, Charles Ty (Fy?), Paslin Hover, Valentine Cough, Valentine Cook, Valentine Pence, Robt. Scott, Jacob Man, Stephen Conrad, Christian Tetrach, Valentine Butcher, Peter Herman, Wm. Beard, John Couch.
- 10 October 1763 - Christopher and wife Christina were sponsors for a baptismal of a child for Martin Herrloss and wife Catherine Lingel in the Peaked Mountain Luthern Church [Source: Records of Peaked Mountain Lutheran Church].
- Chalkley's Chronicles