Charles M. Stinson
Facts and Events
Civil War Service
- 2d Lieutenant, Company A, 1st Ohio Heavy Artillery
- Mustered in 16 August 1862
- Appointed 1st Sergeant from Sergeant August 10, 1863
- Promoted to Sergt. Major Sept. 1, 1863
- Promoted to 2d Lieutenant Dec. 14, 1863
- Mustered out 20 June 1865 at Knoxville, Tennessee
- Application 748135; Certificate 526980
- Widow's Pension: Application 1162337, Certificate 905818
- ↑ Foraker, J.B; H.A. Axline; and J.S. Robinson. Official roster of the soldiers of the state of Ohio in the War of the Rebellion, 1861-1866. (Akron [Ohio]: Werner Co., 1886-1895).
- ↑ United States. Veterans Administration. Organization index to pension files of veterans who served between 1861 and 1900- . (Washington, District of Columbia: The National Archives, 1949).
- ↑ Iowa, United States. WPA Graves Registration Survey.