Facts and Events
Charles Kirkpatrick was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 102.--2d August, 1768. James Campbell and Elizabeth ( ) to Charles Kirkpatrick, £92, 253 acres on Whistle Creek in Forks of James, mouth of said Creek; corner Patrick Young, Hall's Mill; corner James Crawford. Teste: John Bowyer, R. Alexander, Jr., Pat. ( ) Doney, John Paxton. Delivered: John Kirkpatrick, 4th January, 1772.
- Charles Kirkpatrick of Rockbridge- Will
- Wife Agness
- Granddaughter, Mary Kirkpatrick, daughter of Charles
- Son John
- Daughter Elizabeth
- Sons, John and Charles, Executors.
- Written 27 March 1794
- Signed: Charles Kirkpatrick
- Witnesses: Wm. Mckee
- Jno. Willson
- Jno. Moore
- Probated 2 June 1795
- [Rockbridge County, VA Will Book 1, pg. 483]
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 408.--21st September, 1763. John Cunningham and Margaret ( ) to John Cunningham, Jr., their son, £20, 200 acres on a thorny branch, part of 400 acres; corner Robert Law's land. Teste: Charles Kirkpatrick, Alex. Kirkpatrick. Delivered: Patrick Cunningham, 30th August, 1770.
- ↑ Ancestry.com Public Member Trees.