Charles Donnelly, Jr.
Facts and Events
||Charles Donnelly, Jr.
||to Euphemia Davis
Charles Donnelly was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- 12 Jan 1782 Judgement for Charles Donnelly and Euphemia, his wife vs. David Henderson Augusta County Court. [Source: Donnelly Facts].
- Vol. 1 - OCTOBER 18, 1785. - (256) Charles Donally qualified admr. of Andrew Donally.
- Vol. 2 - 18th October, 1785--Charles Donally, administrator of Andrew Donally.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond, 1785--October 18, Burr Harris and Milly Bohannon, daughter of James Bohannon; surety, Philemon Bohannon; witness, Charles Donnally.
- Vol. 1 - SEPTEMBER 19, 1786. - (169) Following officers of militia recommended: Robert Gamble, as Lieutenant Colonel; William Hinds, as Captain; John Hogshead and David Parry, as Lieutenants; Jacob Perey and Samuel Cargo, as Ensigns; and for a light company to the First Regiment--Alexander Gibson, as Captain; John Poage, Jr., as Lieutenant; James Steel, as Ensign; for a light company to the Second Regiment--John Lewis, as Captain; Charles Donally, as Lieutenant, John McCreery, Jr., Ensign.
- Page 298.--12th October, 1786. James Gillespy's will, about to take a Journey to Kentucky--To brother William, to brother Samuel (tract left testator by will of father), executors; to mother and sister Anne. Teste: Wm. Connell. Chas. Donally, James Coleman. Proved. 21st December, 1790. by Connell and Donally. William qualifies.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond - 1787--March 6, George Shaw and John Griffin, George Shaw and Nancy Mays, daughter of Rebecca Mays (consent). Teste: Charles Stewart, Charles Donnelly.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond - 1787--March 19, John McCreery and Charles Donally, surety. John McCreery and Margaret Black, daughter of Wm. Black (consent). Teste: John Montgomery, Alex. Black. John is son of Ro. McCreery (consent). Teste: Geo. Benson, Wm. McCreery.
- Vol. 2 - DISTRICT COURT JUDGMENTS. - SEPTEMBER, 1790 (H to Z) - Callender & Henderson vs. Robert Harrison, John Appler (Epler) and Charles Donnelly--Rockingham, 1787.
- Page 51.--Walter Davis's will, dated, 15th March, 1803; proved, 7th April, 1803--Wife, Martha; daughter, Agncss; son, John; daughter, Euphemia Donnelly; daughter, Elizabeth Parks; grandchildren, Patsey Donelly, Wats Ewin, Walter Davis, Martha Ann Davis, Patsey Davis, and Patsey Davis Herin, Martha Rivers. (Note: Euphemia Davis was the wife of this Charles Donnelly).
Help fund new features!