Catherine Jane Reese
d.28 Mar 1891
Facts and Events
||Catherine Jane Reese
||Kitty Jane Reese
||25 Sep 1819
||Indiana, United States
||Clark, Indiana, United States
||Shelby, Indiana, United States
||4 Apr 1839
||Boone, Indiana, United Statesto Robert C. Dunn
||Clinton, Indiana, United States
||24 Mar 1849 - May 1849
||Boone, Indiana, United Statesnamed, with husband, in father's probate
||Lewis, Missouri, United States
||Indiana, United States
||Johnson, Indiana, United States
||Worthington, Greene, Indiana, United Stateswith son Miles
||Franklin, Johnson, Indiana, United States
||28 Mar 1891
||18 Mar 1894
||Johnson, Indiana, United StatesSecond Mt. Pleasant Cemetery, Needham Township
- ↑ Family Bible Record of Joseph and Nancy Reese, in Johnson, Bess Sellers; Daughters of the American Revolution. Alexander Hamilton Chapter (Indiana); and Vera Reese Tranter. Family bible records of Johnson County, Indiana: a collection of family records compiled from family bibles and other sources. (Ft. Wayne, Indiana: Allen County Public Library, 1986), p. 147, Secondary quality.
Kitty Jane Reese) Sept. 25, 1819
William Reese ) Sept. 25, 1819
- ↑ New Washington Township, Clark County, Indiana, in United States. 1820 U.S. Census Population Schedule, Primary quality.
Joseph Reas, 2 males under 10 (William, Jefferson), 1 male 10-16 (Granville), 1 male 16-26 (Joseph), 3 females under 10 (Kitty, Sarah, Permilla), 1 female 16-26; 2 persons in agriculture
- ↑ Hendricks, Shelby, Indiana, in United States. 1830 U.S. Census Population Schedule, Primary quality.
Joseph Reece, 1 male 5-10 (William), 1 male 10-15 (Jefferson), 1 15-20 (Granville), 1 male 40-50 (Joseph); 2 females 10-15 (Sarah, Kitty), 3 females 15-20 (Martha, Matilda, Permila), 1 female 40-50 (Nancy)
- ↑ Clinton, Indiana, United States. 1840 U.S. Census Population Schedule, p. 704 (FHL #0007722), Primary quality.
Robert O. Dunn - 1 male 20-30 [Robert]; 1 female under 5 [Nancy], 1 female 15-20 [Catherine Jane]; 1 in agriculture
- ↑ Complete Probate Record, in Indiana. Circuit Court (Boone County), and Boone County (Indiana). Clerk of the Circuit Court. Probate records 1830-1925. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1983), Vol. A, p. 385; FHL Film #1320335, Primary quality.
on the 24th day of March 1849 said administrator by Angle and Dougherty his attorneys . . . . Your petitioner further represents that said Joseph Reese died leaving the following children his heirs at law him surviving To wit . . . Jane who has intermarried with one Robert C. Dunn . . . .
And thereupon writs of summon were duly issued by said Clerk upon the suggestion of said Petitioner, to the Sheriffs of Boone, Marion, Johnson and Shelby counties, for said defendants to appear at the next term of said Court thereafter and answer said Petition – which said writs were all duly returned endorsed thus – (The one from Boone) We the undersigned part of the within named defendants do hereby acknowledge service of the within writ the 24th day of March 1849. Signed Sarah McKinsey By A. McKinsey Alfred McKinsey, Jonathan Goff, Matilda Goff By J Goff, Robert C. Dunn, Jane Dunn By R. Dunn, William Reese”
See Also: Joseph Reese Probate, pp. 248-249
- ↑ Lewis, Missouri, in United States. 1850 U.S. Census Population Schedule, HH 785, Family 786, Primary quality.
Dunn, Jane, 29, female, b. Indiana [no other info]
, Nancy, 10, female, b. IN, attending school
, Reese, 8, male, b. IN, attending school
, Miles, 5, male, b. IN
, Sarah E., 3, female, b. IN
, Wm, 1 month, male, b. IN
- ↑ Christensen, Anthony J. A branch of the Piscataway Dunn family: a few members of the Dunn family whose branches spread from Pisctaqua, New Hampshire, to Piscataway, New Jersey, to Southwestern Pennsylvania, to Harrison County, Kentucky, and to points West. (Salem, Utah: Mac Anthony Corp., c1998), p. 5-48, Secondary quality.
On 13 April 1855 Hiram Harrison came into court and deposed that “the said deceased (Robert Dunn) died leaving as his heirs at law the following named persons to wit: Jeremiah Dunn who resides in the state of Indiana, James Dunn who resides in Putnam county, Hiram Harrison who married Jane Dunn who resides in Lewis County in the state of Missouri, and Robert C. Dunn who resides in the state of Indiana, that the said deceased died without a will.”
(Source: Lewis County Probate and Estate Settlement Records -F #1015329, #1015336, #1015339)
[But NOTE: Harrison later acknowledged that Robert C. Dunn was actually in California; suggesting that it was his family, including his wife Catherine Jane, who were resident in Indiana. Family accounts indicate that Robert C. Dunn never returned home from Indiana.]
- ↑ Probate Final Settlement Records, in Missouri. Probate Court (Lewis County). Probate records, 1833-1917; indexes, 1833-1976. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1977, 2000), Vol E, p. 53; FHL #1015340 , Primary quality.
Final Statement of Hiram Harrison, Admin of Robert Dunn Estate
Amount due Estate . . . . Notes against Robert C. Dunn charged on inventory which I have been unable to collect on account of his having been to California from the beginning of this administration which I think may hereafter be collected 161.03
. . . .
Filed for Record May 24, 1858
- ↑ Reese Family of John Benjamin William, Vera Reese Tranter, compiler. TS, nd. ISL 929.2 R329t, p. 4, Secondary quality.
– Robert C. Dunn started to California in 1850 to hunt gold , was never heard from again.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Hougham, Ruth Trout; Daughters of the American Revolution. Alexander Hamilton Chapter (Indiana); and Robert Bradley Hougham. Cemetery records of Johnson County, Indiana. (Ft. Wayne, Indiana: Allen County Public Library, 1986), p. 111, Secondary quality.
Kitty Jane, 22 Sept 1819-28 Mar 1891
(2nd) Mt. Pleasant Cemetery, Needham Township, S10, T12N, R5E
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Find A Grave, Memorial# 29226428, accessed 2 Jan 2013, Secondary quality.
Kitty Jane Dunn
Birth: Apr. 22, 1819
Death: Mar. 28, 1894
Burial: Second Mount Pleasant Cemetery , Franklin, Johnson County, Indiana, USA
74y 6m 6d
- ↑ Franklin Township, Johnson County, Indiana, in United States. 1870 U.S. Census Population Schedule, HH 374, Fam 376, Primary quality.
Dunn, Reese, 27, male, farmer, PE = 200, b. IN, US citizen
, Catharine J., 47, female, keeping house, b. IN
, Mollie, 25, female, without occupation, b. IN
- ↑ Franklin, Johnson, United States, in United States. 1880 U.S. Census Population Schedule, HH 243, Fam 251, Primary quality.
Reese DUNN, head, white male, married, 38, b. IN, butcher, both parents b. IN
, Mary J., wife, white female, married, 35, b. IN, keeping house, fa. b. KY, mo. b. IN
, Catherine J., other, white female, widowed, 60, b. IN, both parents b. KY
- ↑ Reece and Dunn Family Letters, Primary quality.