Casper Paul Vaught
- H. Casper Paul VaughtEst 1710-1720 - Aft 1762
- W. Elizabeth (add)
m. bef. 1753
Facts and Events
||Casper Paul Vaught
||Casper 'Gasper' Vought
||to Elizabeth (add)
Casper Vaught was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 401.--16th May, 1752. Andrew Fought, yeoman, to Casper (Gasper) Fought, 112 acres. Teste: Robert McMahan (?), (Menehan?), (McHan?). Patented to Andrew, 1st June, 1750.
- Page 109.--15th February, 1763. Same (Andrew ( ) Balfaut and Elizabeth ( ) (Faut)) to Gasper Balfaut, his brother, £2, 67 acres, art of 400 acres patented to John Balfaut, 20th February, 1745, on a small branch of Shanando; cor. Christian Clemmon's land. Teste: Jacob Lingell. Delivered: Casper Fought, April, 1779.
Records of Casper Vaught in Augusta County, VA
- Page 314.--23d September, 1749. Henry Ayler (Ehler) and Clev. Danner, of Culpeper, to Jacob Harmon. Corner Jacob Stover. Teste: Isaac Smith, Casper Vought, Jacob Harman, Jr. Delivered to Mrs. Harmon, 24th July, 1758.
- Vol. 1 - MAY, 1753. - John Paul Vaught (?) and Catherine, (?) Caspar Paul Vought and Elizabeth, his wife, vs. Robert Hooks.--24th March, 1750.
- Page 447.--6th December, 1753. Sale bill of Nicholas Trout's estate to, viz: Jno. Love, Jno. Hales, Patrick Wilson, Jno. Walles, Valentine Pence, Wm. Logan, Gasper Faught, Jacob Sink, Andw. Faught, Evan Evans, Pat. Kinney, widow Trout, Nicholas Millberry, Thos. Crawford, Geo. Trout, Jno. Craig. Setttlement of above estate by Geo. Trout, administrator, recorded 21st May, 1766--Cash paid for liquor at the vendue, 5 gallons at 3/; cash paid for liquor at a grubbing frolick, 6 quarts at 9 per quart, £0.5.6.; cash paid for 6 quarts liquor at the funeral, £0.4.6.; paid Teter Couts, Bernard Man. Contra--Received from John Capebritton.
- Page 448.--10th September, 1761. John Bellfaught's estate sold at vendue--To Catrina Faught; to Henry Lynor; to Andrew Faught; to Peter Funk; to Caspar Faught; to Henry Colar; to Elizabeth Bruester; to James Waite; to Alex. Kile; to Geo. Trout; to Robt. Reyburn; to Jno. Hines, Geo. Martin, Peter Miller. Robt. Stevens, Edward Rutledge, James Cover, David Menerley. Cash paid Christian Clements for 1 year's board of the widow. Balance due the legatees to be equally divided between Andrew Faught, Casper Faught. and the wife.--Christian Clements. Recorded, 21st May, 1766.
- Page 79.--18th October, 1762. Samuel Harrison and Mary ( ), of Craven County, South Carolina, to Wiliam Minter, millwright, £125, 245 acres on South Branch of Linvel's Creek, Abraham Hill's line. Teste: Daniel Smith. Daniel Pouder, John ( ) Eubanks, Gasper ( ) Fought. Delivered: John Curry, September, 1767.
Help fund new features!