Facts and Events
Caleb Worley was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records of Caleb Worley in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 232.--23d June, 1763. Caleb Worley to Malcome Allen, £89, personal property.
- Page 905.--Caleb Worley to Malcom Allen, heretofore recorded. Delivered: Francis Smith, October, 1767.
- Vol. 1 - MARCH, 1769 (A). - Gay vs. John Dailey.--Bond by John Dailey to Caleb Wordley(?), 18th October, 1764. Assigned by Caleb, 14th February, 1765. Witnessed by Jesse Atkinson and Rebekah (her x mark) Wordley(?).
- Vol. 2 - McClure vs. McClure--O.S. 49; N. S. 17. John McClure died testate in Botetourt, leaving Caleb Worley et als., executors, but Caleb died soon after. This is a suit by John McClure, son of Samuel vs. Samuel(father of John), who was son of John, Sr., who died testate. John is eldest of three sons of Saml. Samuel is about to remove out of the State, 23d September 1803.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 FamilySearch: Unidentified database - please replace source when identified.