Facts and Events
Bridget as the daughter of Walter KNIGHT was suggested by TingleyS4 without documentation. It was questioned by Torrey,S5 and challenged by Barber and Delorey.S3 Similarly, The Great Migration Project has found no evidence that Walter KNIGHT had any children.S6
Based on current information, Bridget Knight may not be a real person.
Barber and Delorey suggest that the Bridget who married William Varney was Bridget Deverell, based on a documented marriage record for William Varney and Bridget Deverell, and on a baptismal record for Bridget Deverell that is consistent with Bridget's probable age. (See William Varney and Bridget Deverell for further discussion of Bridget's probable maiden name and marriage.) The identification of Bridget as Bridget Deverell, however, needs further documentation.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Information from Ferrin Leavitt, GEDCOM received Sep 1999, Questionable quality.
- ↑ Savage, James. A Genealogical Dictionary of the First Settlers of New England: Showing Three Generations of Those Who Came Before May, 1692, on the Basis of Farmer's Register. (Boston: Little, Brown, and Co, 1860-1862), Secondary quality.
WILLIAM, Ipswich, d. 1654 at Salem, leav. wid. Bridget, and ch. all perhaps b. in Eng
- Barber, Kathleen Canney, and Janet Ireland Delorey. William Varney of Ipswich and Gloucester, Massachusetts. The American Genealogist. (Jul 2006), Jul 2006, Secondary quality.
- Tingley, Raymon Meyers. Some ancestral lines: being a record of some of the ancestors of Guilford Solon Tingley and his wife Martha Pamelia Meyers. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1986), Questionable quality.
William Varney, of Ipswich, Mass. . . .Married 29 May 1629, Bridget, dau of Walter and Elizabeth Knight of Salem, Mass, b. 1611 England
- Torrey, Clarence Almon. New England Marriages Prior to 1700. (1963), Secondary quality.
VARNEY William ( -1654, Salem) & Bridget PARSONS [KNIGHT?] ( - 1672, Gloucester), wid?; b 1641?, b 1644, 4 May 1629?, b 1634; Ipswich/Gloucester/Salem
- pp. 1139-1142, in Anderson, Robert Charles. The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England, 1620-1633. (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1995), Secondary quality.
Walter Knight. Origin unknown, arrived about 1626, married by 1642, name of wife unknown, no known children