Facts and Events
||Betty Kathryn Marshall
||1 Aug 1918
||Shelbina, Shelby, Missouri, United States
||Shelby, Missouri, United States
||Glenwood, Schuyler, Missouri, United States
||Schuyler, Missouri, United States
||Kirksville, Adair, Missouri, United States
||24 Jun 1942
||Kirksville, Adair, Missouri, United Statesto Donald Rodney Griffith
||Glenwood, Schuyler, Missouri, United StatesGlenwood I.O.O.F. Cemetery
||Missouri, United States
||16 Feb 1985
||Blythe, Riverside, California, United States
The information I have for Betty K. Marshall is sketchy at best, mostly gleaned from family members.
I also have a letter from Emma, Betty's natural born sister, who filled in some of the blanks.
I also want to thank Jennifer who gave me enough information to tie things together
Bertha Moon was born 1 Aug 1918 in Shelbina, Missouri to Hugh Moon and Clara Murial (Hastings) Moon
She had a sister Emma Moon and a brother George F. Moon
as a child Emma and Bertha ended up in the foster system
Bertha was adopted by William Marshall and Helen Ford Marshall
upon the adoption her named was changed to Betty Kathryn Marshall
she became a nurse and met her husband when he was treated for a football injury
She married Donald Griffith and had 4 children
in later years she was diagnosed with Huntington's Disease
which is one of the clues that helped tie her to her natural parents
Hugh Moon Died of a "Disease of the brain and spinal chord" which may have also been the same disease which is passed genetically
- ↑ United States. 1930 U.S. Census Population Schedule. (National Archives Microfilm Publication T626).
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 California, United States. Death Index, 1940-1997.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 United States. 1940 U.S. Census Population Schedule. (National Archives Microfilm Publication T627).
- ↑ United States. 1920 U.S. Census Population Schedule. (National Archives Microfilm Publication T625).
- ↑ Biological parents surname Moon.
Adopted by William F. Marshall and Helen Ford
Bertha Moon was her birth Name and was changed when adopted by the Marshalls
- ↑ 1940 Was attending Laughlin Nursing School
Don and Betty met she was a nurse he was a football player and had gotten injured.
- ↑ Betty Died in Blythe Calif and was cremated, and was brought back and laid to rest next to their infant child at the Glenwood IOOF Cemetery