Facts and Events
||22 JUL 1868
||Wilberforce, Renfrew, Ontario, Canada
||28 JUL 1872
||01 APR 1927
||From the Renfrew Mercury - The people of this vicinity are sorry to hear of the very serious illness of Miss Bertha Noack, who has been sick for nearly a month, the cause being heart trouble and anemia.
||24 MAY 1927
||Killaloe, Hagarty, Renfrew, Ontario, Canada
||26 MAY 1927
||Evangelical Cemetery, Killaloe, Hagarty, Renfrew, Ontario, Canada
- ↑ Email, in Janet Brown (Lisk), Recipient: Rick Moffat, Jan 10, 2001, Questionable quality.
Matthew born in Germany, year ???? built a log house in 1865 in Hagarty Twp....married Bertha Schilke or Schulke. Children: Wilhelmina, Matthew, August, Albert, William, Bertha, Emma and Lena.; Email
- ↑ Email, in Janet Brown (Lisk), Recipient: Rick Moffat, Feb 4, 2001, Questionable quality.
Bertha is not included in the list of children in the following reference. "She (Wilhemina Schilka ) died and then he married Bertha Schilke and had Wilhelmina, William, August, Albert, Matthew, Lena and Emma."; Email
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Minnie Noack household, in Renfrew, Ontario, Canada. 1901 Census of Canada. (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada: Library and Archives Canada, 1901), Page 19, 31 Mar 1901, Primary quality.
ON RENFREW (South/Sud) (#111) Subdistrict: Hagarty, Sherwood & Jones i-2
4 145 Noack Minnie F Head W Nov 15 1846 55 Germany 1870 German German Methodist
5 145 Noack Bertha F Daughter S Jul 28 1872 29 Ont r German Canadian Methodist
6 145 Noack Martin M Son S Dec 28 1874 28 Ont r German Canadian Methodist Farmer
7 145 Noack Augst M Son S Sep 15 1879 22 Ont r German Canadian Methodist Farmer
8 145 Noack Minnie F Daughter S Nov 11 1883 18 Ont r German Canadian Methodist
9 145 Noack Emma F Daughter S Jul 12 1887 14 Ont r German Canadian Methodist
10 145 Noack Lena F Daughter S Sep 16 1889 12 Ont r German Canadian Methodist
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Killaloe (Grace) Evangelical Cemetery, in Compiler: Allen,Delores M, and Geraldine Kuehl. Seven - Hagarty Township Cemeteries. (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada: Ontario Genealogical Society , 1991), Page 22, Secondary quality.
45. Bertha NOACK 1869-1927
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Mathias Noak household, in 1881 Canadian Census, LDS CD, Transcriptions. (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Salt Lake City, UT84150-3400, 2001), Page 25, Family 110, 4 April 1881, Secondary quality.
Extract:1881 Canadian Census Census Place: Hagarty & Jones, Renfrew South, Ontario, Canada Source: FHL Film 1375870 NAC C-13234 Dist 113 SubDist H
Sex Marr Age Origin Birthplace
M M 45 German Germany Occ: Farmer Religion: Methodist
F M 34 German Germany Religion: Methodist
M 20 German Germany Occ: Farmer Son Religion: Methodist
M 17 German Germany Occ: Son Farmer Religion: Methodist
F 10 German Germany Religion: Methodist
M 8 German Germany Religion: Methodist
M 6 German Germany Religion: Methodist
M 5 German Germany Religion: Methodist
M 2 German Germany Religion: Methodist
F 1 German Germany Religion: Methodist
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Mathias Noak household, in Renfrew, Ontario, Canada. 1891 Census of Canada. (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada: Library and Archives Canada), 6 Apr 1891, Primary quality.
Name: Bertha Noak
Marital Status: Single
Birth Year: abt 1870
Relation to Head-of-house: Daughter
French Canadian: No
Father's Birth Place: Germany
Mother's Birth Place: Germany
District Number: 114
District: Renfrew South
Subdistrict: Hagarty and Jones
Archive Roll #: T-6366
Household Members: Name Age
Mathias Noak 55
Mena Noak 43
Bertha Noak 21
Albert Noak 18
Mathias Noak 16
William Noak 14
August Noak 13
Mena Noak 12
Emma Noak 7
Lena Noak 5
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Ontario. Registrar General. Death Registrations, 1869-1939 and Index, 1869-1939. (134 Ian Macdonald Boulevard, Toronto, Ontario, Canada: Archives of Ontario), 1927, Primary quality.
Name: Bertha Noack
Death Date: 24 May 1927
Death Location: Renfrew
Estimated birth year: abt 1869
Birth Location: Wilberforce
- ↑ Bertha Noack, in McCuaig, Carol Bennett. Death Notices Obituaries from The Eganville Leader 1922-1927. (Renfrew, Ontario, Canada: Juniper Books Limited , 1991), Page 106, 10 Jun 1927, Secondary quality.
Miss Bertha Noack, daughter of the late Mr & Mrs Matthew Noack, passed away at Killaloe on May 24, aged 58 years, seven months.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Obituary of Bertha Noack, in Renfrew, Ontario, Canada. Renfrew Mercury, June 3, 1927, Secondary quality.
Death claimed for its victim another elderly person when Miss Bertha Noack passed away on Tuesday morning, May 24th, following an illness of about three months. The cause being pernicious anemia. The deceased was aged 68 years, 10 months and two days. As Miss Noack never married she spent most of her younger days with her parents, the late Mr. and Mrs. Matthew Noack. After their death she spent a few years with her brother, Matt. Noack, Jr., and the last seven years she spent with her brother-in-law, Henry Lisk and family where her death took place. She was a devoted member of the Evangelical church always willing to aid in time of need. Her death will be learned with regret by many. She leaves to mourn her (?) four brothers, Matthew and Albert of Killaloe, William of Tramore, August of Golden Lake, and one sister, Mrs. John Schlievert of Arnprior and many cousins, nephews and nieces. The funeral took place on Thursday, May 26th, at half-past one. A short service was held at the house, after which her remains were taken to the church where a large number gathered to pay last respect (sic) to the deceased. From here remains were taken ot the cemetery and laid to rest. Rev. C. R. Kauth conducted the service. The pall-bearers were her four brothers, - Albert, August, Matthew and William Noack; her brother-in-law, Henry Lisk and Nicholas Krans.
Mrs. John Schlievert was in town Thursday last to attend the funeral of her sister. the late Miss B Noack.
Mrs. August Noack and daughter Emma and Mrs. Godfrey Yourth of Golden Lake were in town Thursday to attend the funeral of Miss B Noack.
Messrs. Ernie? and Willie Noack of Tramore spent Sunday at the home of H. Lisk and family.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 Email, in Panke, Jean (Yourth), Recipient: Rick Moffat, 28 Mar 2004, Questionable quality.
Noak or Noack Killaloe (Grace) Evangelical Cemetery, Hagarty Township, Renfrew .
I noticed that there are some Noak's.... Bertha Noack 1869 - 1927
- ↑ News Item, in Renfrew, Ontario, Canada. Renfrew Mercury, 1 Apr 1927, Secondary quality.
The people of this vicinity are sorry to hear of the very serious illness of Miss Bertha Noack, who has been sick for nearly a month, the cause being heart trouble and anemia.
Help fund new features!