d.29 JAN 1953
Facts and Events
||Effie Belle Stayner
||Tipton City, Cedar, Iowa
||Tipton Ward 2, Cedar, Iowa
||Perry, Dallas, Iowa
||Sioux City Precinct 6, Woodbury, Iowa
||15 MAR 1921
||Perry, Iowa,to James Otho Shain
||01 JAN 1925
||Grant, Greene, Iowa
||Bristol, Greene, Iowa
||29 JAN 1953
- ↑ Dallas County, Iowa, Clerk of Court, Estate of Keziah Elliott, Probate File # 3026, Box E1 (book K, page 242).
- ↑ 1895 Iowa State Census Jasper County, 1895.
1895 Iowa State census Jasper county Monroe city (Fairview township)
William Stayner, age 58 white b. PA
Esther Stayner age 50 b. IN
Carrie Stayner age 20 b. Jasper co. IA
Bell Stayner age 12 b. Jasper Co. IA
- ↑ 1900 US Census Cedar County, Iowa, 1900.
1900 Iowa census Cedar county Tipton city p 52B
Sherwood, Harry head white male b. 4/1854 age 46 married 2 yrs b. NY fa b. NY mo b. NJ restaurant owner
Sherwood, Agnes wife white female b. 7/1870 age 29 married 2 yrs 1 child born & living b. IA fa b. PA mo b. IN
Sherwood, Eva A daughter white female b. 12/1899 age 6/12 single b. IA fa b. NY mo b. IA
Stayner, Carrie M. sister in law white female b. 9/1875 age 24 single b. IA fa b. PA mo b. IN servant
Stayner, Effie B. sister in law white female b. 8/1883 age 17 single b. IA fa b. PA mo b. IN student
Stayner, William L. father in law white male b. 10/1833 age 66 married at 37 b. PA fa&mo b. PA day laborer
Stayner, Esther A. mo in law white female b. 10/1831 age 68 married at 27 5 children born 4 living b. IN fa& mo b. IN
- 1915 Iowa State Census Dallas County, 1915.
1915 Iowa State census Dallas county Perry city
Miss Belle Stayner age 28 Dallas Co. Perry city [b 1887?]
occupation pupil nurse
earned $364 in 1914
2 yrs high school, in training for nurse in college
born in Tipton, IA
attends Episcopal church
- Dallas County, Iowa Marriages, Bk 3, pg 104, 15 Mar 1921.
Belle Stayner and James O Shain 2
- 1925 Iowa State Census Greene County, 1925.
1925 Iowa State census Greene Co. IA
Shain, J. O. head male white age 40 married rents completed 6th grade b. IA father J.M. Shain b. IA age 64 m. Jennie Salmon b. MO deceased parents married in IA
Shain, Belle wife female white age 37 married completed 10th grade b. IA father William Stayner b. PA deceased mother Esther Elliott b. IA deceased parents married in IA
- ↑ 1930 US Census Greene County, Iowa, 1930.
1930 Iowa census Greene county Bristol township dist 1
Shain, James O. head male white age 47 married at 28 b. IA fa b. IA mo b. MO farmer
Shain, Belle wife female white age 40 married at 31 b. IA fa&mo b. IA
Shain, Virginia daughter female white age 3 10/12 single b. IA
- ↑ Greene County Genealogical Society (Greene County, Iowa); Iowa) Jefferson Cemetery (Greene County; and Iowa) Iowa Genealogical Society (Des Moines. Jefferson Cemetery, Greene County, Iowa. (Des Moines, Iowa, United States: Iowa Genealogical Society, c1985).
Jefferson Cemetery, Block 16 Lot 11 Jefferson, Greene County, Iowa
Rhodes, Alfred 1851 - 3 Feb 1928 "Father"
, Jennie M 1851 - 12 June 1921 "Mother"
Shain, J. Otho 1882 - 1964 "Father"
ss Belle 1890 - 29 Jan 1953 "Mother"
ss Alfred M. 1922 - 21 July 1922 "son"
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 Ancestry.com. 1920 United States Federal Census. (Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2005. For details on the contents of the film numbers, visit the following NARA web page: NARA. Note: Enumeration Districts 819-839 on roll 323 (Chicago City.Original data - United States), Year: 1920; Census Place: Sioux City Precinct 6, Woodbury, Iowa; Roll: T625_520; Page: 31B; Enumeration District: 211; Image: 806.
Birth date: abt 1892 Birth place: Iowa
Residence date: 1920 Residence place: Sioux City Precinct 6, Woodbury, Iowa
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 Ancestry.com. Iowa State Census Collection, 1836-1925. (Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2007.Original data - Microfilm of Iowa State Censuses, 1856, 1885, 1895, 1905, 1915, 1925 as well various special censuses from 1836-1897 obtained from the State Historical Society of Iowa).
Birth date: abt 1888 Birth place: Iowa
Residence date: 1 Jan 1925 Residence place: Grant
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 Ancestry.com. 1930 United States Federal Census. (Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2002.Original data - United States of America, Bureau of the Census. Fifteenth Census of the United States, 1930. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, 1930. T626), Year: 1930; Census Place: Bristol, Greene, Iowa; Roll: 656; Page: 2B; Enumeration District: 1; Image: 187.0.
Birth date: abt 1890 Birth place:
Residence date: 1930 Residence place: Bristol, Greene, Iowa
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Ancestry.com. 1910 United States Federal Census. (Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2006. For details on the contents of the film numbers, visit the following NARA web page: NARA.Original data - United States of America, Bureau of the Census. Thirteenth Census of the Unit), Year: 1910; Census Place: Tipton Ward 2, Cedar, Iowa; Roll: T624_395; Page: 9A; Enumeration District: 27; Image: 961.
Birth date: abt 1884 Birth place: Iowa
Residence date: 1910 Residence place: Tipton Ward 2, Cedar, Iowa
- There is some confusion about the birth year. But judging from the early census, we conclude that 1883 is correct.
Help fund new features!