Col. Augustine Warner, Jr.
Facts and Events
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Augustine Warner, Jr. (1642/3 – June 19, 1681) was a Virginia politician and landowner. He served in the House of Burgesses 1666–77 and was its Speaker in two separate sessions in 1676 and 1677, before and after Bacon's Rebellion. He then served on the Governor's Council from about October 1677 until his death.
Warner is the common ancestor of George Washington and Queen Elizabeth II.
Augustine is the common ancestor of George Washington (through daughter Mildred) and Queen Elizabeth II (through daughter Mary).
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Roberts, Gary Boyd. Ancestors of American Presidents. (Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2009), p. 1.
- ↑ Augustine Warner, Jr., in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia. (Online: Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.).
- Colonel Augustine Warner, in Lundy, Darryl. The Peerage: A genealogical survey of the peerage of Britain as well as the royal families of Europe.
- Col Augustine Warner, II, in Find A Grave.
Photo of Augustine's gravestone on FindAGrave.com