- Asa BanningABT 1742 - 1818
Facts and Events
Asa Banning was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2 - Graham vs. Bannan--O. S. 233; N. S. 82--Deed 16th March, 1805, by Thomas Morris to Asa Banning, part of 136 acres in Rockbridge. Not recorded.
Records in Rockbridge County, VA
- COURT: page 524, 1798. Henry Williams apee of Wiliam Shields pltf against Asa Banning & Thomas Banning deft. [Rockbridge Law Order book 1795-99]
- COURT: page 577 2 April 1799. Henry Williams against Asa Banning & John Banning bond discharged. [Rockbridge Law Order book 1795-99]
- 2 October 1819 - $25.00, Thomas Morris and James Graham and wife to Samuel Goodman. Buffalo Creek, corner Armintrout, Vansandt, crosses creek, corner Asa Banning. [Rockbridge County, VA Deed Book M, p. 202].