Facts and Events
||28 OCT 1804
||Stirling, Stirlingshire, Scotland, 56.115434,-3.931852to Margaret McEwan
||16 FEB 1826
||Bridge of Allan, Lecropt, Stirlingshire, Scotland, 56.154564,-3.9506
- ↑ DC HENDERSON, James, Oamaru, Otago, New Zealand 1892, Record Type: death, Name Of Person: James HENDERSON, Num. (19 Aug 1892), Inspection p/copy dated Aug 1993 held by L McIntosh.
- ↑ Stirling of Keir papers, Series: T.SK, Record Group: 20, Document: Rental and cash account Keir estates; Daily. (c.1807), extracted Sep/Oct 1995.
- ↑ WILL HENDERSON, Archibald, Smith Bridge of Allan (1828 Inventory), Testator: Archibald HENDERSON (1352), Volum. (25 Mar 1828), Scanned copy held by L McIntosh, Feb 2003.
- ↑ Amelia Jane HARBOUR nee HENDERSON. LTR HENDERSON: history, Recipient: Earl HENDERSON, Author Address: 325 Malvern St, Leith Valley, Dunedin, Otag. (22 Jul 1957), Found in effects of Amelia Harbour nee Henderson. In possession of L McIntosh Mar 2002.
- ↑ WILL: Scottish Wills - SCAN project, Extracted Apr 2002.
- ↑ various. HENDERSON DNA Project, Record Type: DNA tests/pedigrees, Location: dnasurnames.info/lineages/spHENDERSON Linea, Dec 2008.
- ↑ (Not in St Ninians OPR, nor Stirling 1760-1789, nor Perth or Kincardine 1780s)
- ↑ In a 1957 letter from Millie Harbour to Earl Henderson "...his (James H) parents died when he and his two brothers were infants, and were brought up and educated by a wealthy uncle" (which implies that one of the three brothers and the sister died young? The wealthy relations have yet to be found!!).
A previous date of 1822 was based on the assumption that the widow Margaret McEwan at Quoigs Toll House that appears in the cash books at the same time Archibald disappears is Archibald's wife - very circumstantial, and proved incorrect once inventory sighted. The date was revised to before Mar 1828 when will discovered in index to Scottish Wills: "Henderson Archibald 25/3/1828 Smith, at Bridge of Allan, husband of Margaret McGwan or McEwan Stirling Sheriff Court". The scanned copy shows that the inventory was taken 25 Mar 1828 but Archibald died 16th Feb 1826, intestate.
- ↑ Archibald belongs to a DNA tested line of HENDERSONs. Click here for further information - pity it hasnt yet allowed us to break through the brick wall of where he came from