Archibald Elliott, of the Calfpasture, Augusta County, VA and Anson County, NC
m. abt. 1719
- Andrew Elliott, of Augusta County, VA and Craven County, SCABT 1719 -
- William Elliott, of the Calfpasture, Augusta County, VA1721 - 1771
- Richard ElliottABT 1722 -
- Archibald Elliott, of the Calfpasture, Augusta County, VA and Anson County, NC1726 -
- George Elliott, Sr.est 1728-1745 - ABT 1804
- James Elliott1735-1748 - Bef 1799
- Robert Elliott1743 - 1802
Facts and Events
Archibald Elliott was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land in Augusta County:
- Page 72.--21st May, 1755. John ( ) Johnston and Mary (mark) to Archibald Elliott, £70, 213 acres on Little River in Calfpasture. Teste: Charles Knight, Wm. Elliot. Delivered: Benjamin Estill, August, 1762.
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- 1755 Arch & Sarah Elliott to Arch. Armstrong 213a on the Little Calfpasture Teste: Wm French, John Clark & James Clark (The Clark girls' father was James Clark will 1774. They had brothers John & James among others).
Records in Augusta County, VA
- Page 82.--21st November, 1754. Archibald Boreland's accounts as administrator, vs. estate of Wm. Jackson--Paid Andrew Dunlap, John Harden, Robt. Duffels, Archd. Elliot, Wm. Davis, Alex. Wright, Alex. McAllroy, Michl. Harper, Jno. Carolile, Samuel McAlvery, Jno. Graham, Joseph Mays, Samuel Ferguson, Wm. Elliott, Stephen Wilson, Alex. Gillespy, Naphtalin Gregory, Jno. Warwick, John Crockett, Charles Dunlap, Geo. Lewis, Thos. Bryan, Nathan Patterson, James Boreland, Wm. Hamilton, James Brown, James Lockridge, John Williamson, David Stanley; cash paid James Armstrong; 7 gallons whiskey for 2d vendue; to Jinney Boreland's account proved.
- 1758. - Arch Elliott of Anton Co. NC to James Clark Sr & Wm Elliott power of attorney to convey 163 a (acres) on the Jackson River.
- FEBRUARY 15, 1785. (351) It is proved that James Elliot is nearest heir to Archibald Elliot, a soldier in Capt. Hays's Company, who was killed in the action at Germantown. (Note: this was NOT this Archibald Elliott, it was the son of his brother, William Elliott).
Information on Archibald Elliott
6. Archibald2 Elliott (William1) was born 1726. He married Sarah Clark February 1748 in Augusta County, Virginia, daughter of James Clark and Elizabeth Summers. She was born 1729 in Augusta County, Virginia, and died in Anson County, North Carolina.
Notes for Archibald Elliott:
Deed No. 799 P. 231 Book C
1789 Joel Shelton to Archibald Elliott for 10 pounds 70 acres on branch of Buffalo Creek between Job Self and Marvel Elliott's plantation been granted by patent August 9, 1787. Marvel Elliott, Elias Morgan and Samuel King.
Children of Archibald Elliott and Sarah Clark are:
- 38 i. William3 Elliott, Sr., born 1763 in Rockbridge County, Virginia; died 1832.
- 39 ii. Ann Elliott, born Unknown.
- 40 iii. Archibald Elliott, Jr., born Bet. 1745 - 1755; died Bet. 1750 - 1843.
- 41 iv. James Elliott, born Unknown.
- 42 v. Marvel Elliott, born Bet. 1745 - 1755; died Bet. 1750 - 184
Notes for Marvel Elliott:
50 shillings for every 100 acres. Land containing 300 acres lying in Rutherford Co. on Buffalo Creek. Granted by - Welnep Richam Caswell Esq. our Governor Capt. General and Commander in chief at Newbern the 16th day of December in that tenth year of our Independence and in the year of our Lord 1785 - R. Caswell
Deep No. 798 p. 230 Deeds E-I Rutherford Co.
Marvel Elliott - On 24 Feb. 1789. From William Gates on Buffalo Creek to Jonas Bedfords line 200 acres.
Deed No. 798 p. 230 Book C
1789 - Marvel Elliott to William Yates land 200 acres on Buffalo Creek. Perminter Morgan, Robert Hill and Elias Morgan.
1785 - 50 shillings, Marvel Elliott, 300 acres Buffalo Creek. Paid state
Gov. Richard Caswell.
- 43 vi. Sarah Elliott, born Unknown.